89 : Look Within

(Next Morning)

"How are you Ash and Serena?" Diantha asks as they see Ash and Serena cuddled with their mothers during breakfast time.

"We're better. Thanks." Serena replies in a meek tone as she gives Diantha a weak smile.

"Good. Coz I have a message from your teacher." Diantha says gently while sitting down.

"What is it?" Ash says as both he and Serena sit up straight.

"He told me to tell you that the path of redemption begins with forgiveness. In order to redeem yourselves you will track down each and every individual who you might have hurt and ask their forgiveness. Also he told me no cheating or he'll know." Diantha says.

"I guess. We better get to work, apologizing. Starting with you I guess." Serena says as she and Ash look at Diantha.

(3 Days Later)

"I don't understand. What does he want? Ash and Serena have apologized to everyone. But each time they say they have done it he turns them away by saying there is still someone left." Grace says in an anxious tone to Delia.

"I know. I can't make head or tail of it either. As it is they have just recovered from that mountainous crap of a scolding which they got. He's frustrating them again and again by making them apologize. Have they not had enough? Tell me Grace does he not care? Every time he refuses them in that cold tone they crack inside. Can't he see that?" Delia complains to Grace.

"I know. But I don't know what to do." Grace replies.

"You know what. I am sick of waiting. I am getting some answers from that man right now." Delia says in an annoyed tone as she turns and starts walking at brisk pace to where the Dragon Emperor has temporarily taken residence. They both walk for a good 10 minutes before they reach his door. Delia kicks the door open and walks inside.

"You. Dragon Emperor. What kind of game are you playing with my son and daughter? I demand to know." Delia says. Dragon Emperor doesn't reply but calmly continues to sip tea from his teacup.

"She asked you a question. I want to know as well." Grace says in a firm tone.

"I don't play games. Ash and Serena made mistakes. Now they must atone for them." Dragon Emperor replies.

"No. They have apologized to everyone. Yet you still turn them away and have them go a fool's errand." Delia demands. Dragon Emperor finishes drinking his tea then sets down his teacup.

"Anything to add? Please get it all out." Dragon Emperor asks in a calm courteous tone.

"Oh sure. They have just recovered from that nightmarish scolding you gave them to the point Serena was in a way hallucinating attending Ash's funeral. Now you are making them suffer by going on this foolish waste of time. Cut them some slack, why don't you? They have learnt their lesson." Delia says in a concerned yet angry tone.

"I am not doing this intentionally. They still haven't apologized to everyone. They will be forgiven when they have done so." Dragon Emperor replies.

"They have apologized to everyone. Who's left? And no tricks or any wise words of wisdom." Delia snaps. Dragon Emperor sighs then stands up.

"They haven't apologized to themselves." Dragon Emperor calmly replies causing Delia and Grace to get completely taken aback.

"What do you mean? They have." Grace says.

"No. They haven't. They might've reconciled but they haven't yet put all those pent up feelings of apology, frustrations and disappointment in words to be said to themselves and to each other." Dragon Emperor says as he goes by the window and looks outside. Grace and Delia are too stunned to even say anything.