7 : A Midnight Surprise

Serena smiles as she stirs in her sleep. She turns in her sleep when suddenly she hears "Pika?"

She slowly opens her eyes only to see a curious Pikachu staring at her face, mere millimetres away.

"What the?" she says with a start while trying to get up.

She losses her footing which cause her to slip on the floor and crash onto Pikachu with a bang. Pikachu gets startled and lets loose, a Thunderbolt electrocuting her and the coffee table.

"What's going on?" Ash shouts as he comes running into the living room.

He sees a girl of his height, with honey blonde hair, on the floor, her face covered in black and Pikachu trapped beneath the broken charred remains of the coffee table, next to the girl. Ash quickly runs into the kitchen to get a bottle of water. He first cleans the girl's face. He stops for a moment as he can't help but think that this girl is cute. But without losing another moment he revives her by sprinkling water on her face, then places her on the sofa. Then he pulls Pikachu out of the rubble.

"Ouch. My back hurts," Serena says as she struggles to get up, only to see Ash rounding on Pikachu.

"What is the meaning of this? That is no way to behave with someone?" Ash yells at the top of his voice.

Pikachu faces the floor, with his head down, who's scratching his head in embarrassment.

When Serena realizes what is happening, she rushes over to Ash and says "Oh, don't scold him. It was my fault. I startled him."

"I believe you miss. But this is not the first time this is happening with Pikachu." Ash says to the girl before turning to Pikachu, "Alright, Pikachu. You have two choices. Either go inside your Poke-ball for five hours or no ketchup for two days. The choice is yours," he says in a calmer tone.

"Pika Pika," Pikachu sadly says before walking up to his Poke ball and pressing the button to go inside the poke ball.

"I am so sorry. Because of me, Pikachu got punished," Serena replies in a rather sad tone.

"No. The fault is mine. As his trainer, I should have kept a closer watch on Pikachu. Please forgive me," Ash replies while turning to the girl and giving a short bow.

"Oh! I am not forgiving you because there is nothing to forgive," Serena sweetly replies while smiling.

While she's smiling, Ash can't help but admire her face. Honey blonde air. Eyes as crystalline blue as the ocean, pearl white teeth and an adorable smile. Something about her seems familiar, yet he can't seem to quite put the finger on what.

"Thanks," Ash replies with a goofy grin. Even without wanting to, a blush makes his way on his face.

Serena then extends her hands forward and says "It's OK. I think we will be roommates seeing as you're in my room. So I think, I should introduce myself first. Hi! I am Ser " before being cut off by a knock on the door.

"I'll get it," Serena says as she walks towards the door.

"Thanks. I will go and finish my unpacking. I will be with you in within a minute or two," Ash replies before leaving towards his room.

Serena opens the door, only to find Grace standing there with a broad grin. She gets surprised for a few moments, but then surprise turns to joy as she tackles Grace into a hug.

"Mom? What are you doing here?" she squeals in excitement.

"Why can't a mother give her daughter a surprise? Did you really think I would miss your initiation ceremony?" Grace replies as she continues to be hugged tightly by Serena.