43 : The Z Decision

(Next Morning)

"Alright. Ash and Serena. I have been thinking about it and now I think the time is right to take the next step of your training." Dragon Emperor says.

"Alright what is that?" Ash asks in an excited manner.

"You both have done excellent jobs when it comes to your Mega Delphox and Lucario. Now it is time for some more mega stones." Dragon Emperor says before opening his bag and bringing out 3 pendants.

"Which Mega stones are these?" Serena asks.

"The two on the left are a Salamencite and Arcanite for your Salamence and Arcanine respectively. The one on the right is a Sceptilite for Ash's Sceptile." Dragon Emperor says.

"Cool." Serena says as she takes her 2 pendants.

"But why does Serena get 2 and I get only 1?" Ash says in a pouting tone while taking his.

"Because you already have a Mega stone which you received from the initiation ceremony." Dragon Emperor replies.

"Oh that one? It's rubbish. It doesn't go with any known Pokemon." Ash says.

Dragon Emperor chuckles upon hearing it.

"What's so funny?" Ash asks upon seeing Dragon Emperor amused.

"The thing that is funny is what you call rubbish is actually the most rare and one of the most strongest Mega Stones possible. I am surpised you didn;t question me regarding this Mega Stone earlier?" Dragon Emperor asks.

"How would I know that you can recognize this mega stone? I can't read minds." Ash replies.

"I see. Then let me jog your memory. Do you remember the day you fell into the fountain in Santalune City?" Dragon Emperor says.

"I do. What about it?" Ash asks.

"Do you remember what I said after the phrase 'Mega Evolution is not something a kid should play with.'.If you do then tell me." Dragon Emperor asks.

"That's easy. You said "Especially that Mega Stone." Ash replies. Suddenly he realizes that Dragon Emperor had hinted that he knew which Mega Stone is this all that time ago.

"I see. I guess you didn't pick up on my little hint. But no matter. In a way it is good that you didn't. Here I have something else for you two as well." Dragon Emperor says while pulling his bag and opening it again.

"What is it?" Serena asks.

"Z rings." Dragon Emperor replies as he hands both Ash and Serena a Z ring which they put on their wrist like a watch.

"Cool. The sensation where it touches the skin is so cool and soothing." Serena says while admiring the ring.

"Yes indeed. The ring is made from special ore which is almost exclusive to the Alola region. It has special properties. Properties which you shall study one of these days." Dragon Emperor replies.

"So now we can use Z moves. That's cool. I want an Electrium Z and do Gigavolt Havoc with Pikachu." Ash says to Serena and Dragon Emperor's surprise.

"How did you know that Gigavolt Havoc is the Electrium Z move Ash?" Dragon Emperor asks in a pleasant tone.

"Well since you told us about it I have been excited about. So I did a little research about Z moves in the Alola region. I have heard you need to go through a Grand Trial or something to get your ring and crystal. Also I have heard Alola has things like island Guardians and Malsadas and Totem Pokemon. I can't wait to check that region out" Ash says in an ecstatic voice.