40 : Busted - II

(Next morning in Diantha's Office)

"I don't believe it. Serena and Ash didn't tell me anything about this." Grace says as Diantha has just finished telling Grace what Clemont had told her yesterday.

"You didn't think it was just a coincidence that they managed to get so strong in such a short amount of time. Besides from what Clemont told me yesterday Dragon Emperor strictly told the 3 of them not to reveal his involvement in their journey to anyone. Not even to their parents." Diantha replies.

"Is that true Clemont?" Grace asks Clemont who silently nods.

Grace is silently pondering over what she has heard and trying to digest the facts. Then she says "Alright. But I don't understand why are you investigating this Dragon Emperor as a criminal. If he was one then he would have already harmed Ash and Serena."

"You are right. But we are still investigating him as a potential threat. As a champion it is part of Diantha's duties to investigate and protect the Kalos region and it's trainers from possible threats. You see Grace there are several criminal organizations in the past like Team Galactic and Team Magma to name a few who have tried to take over several regions like the Sinnoh and Hoenn regions. Many a times these criminal organizations use such tactics to scout, train and brainwash promising trainers for their own uses. But I am not the right person to talk about it. Please welcome Mr. Looker from the International Police Force who has expertise in these matters." Cynthia says as a man in a brown jacket and suitcase in his hand enter.

"Pleasure to meet all of you. Now I have little time here. So let's get to it shall we." Looker says while sitting on a chair and starting his laptop.

"As soon as I got Cynthia's call yesterday I put all the resources I have at my disposal to investigate into this curious Dragon Emperor. First we tried to scan for any trainer by this name in the last 75 year. But the search revealed no results. This is conclusive proof that the name Dragon Emperor is in fact a false persona used to hide his true identity. This is characteristic of operatives who work in criminal organizations who hide their identity to carry out their work easily." Looker says before pausing.

"Well Dragon Emperor is quite a theatrical name so even I suspected as much. What else?" Diantha asks.

"Based on what you learnt from Clemont my group of support staff tracked the path that Ash, Serena, Clemont and this Dragon Emperor took throughout their journey. It seems that the Dragon Emperor was very keen on avoiding major roads, highways and cities for that matter because he didn't go near anyone. So finding any evidence on what this mysterious person looked like was a challenge. It seems he was determined to keep his involvement a secret at all costs. That is another characteristics of such criminal organizations who like to carry out their operation in secret to avoid attention from law organizations like the one I work for."

"Hmm. Now that you say it like that this Dragon Emperor character is getting more suspicious by the minute." Oak remarks.

"So we have no photographic evidence?" Diantha says in a little disappointed tone.

"Not even from Shalour City?" Clemont asks.

"Not even from there." Looker replies.

Diantha and Cynthia give a disappointed sigh.

"Now hold on to your horses for I have saved the best for last. This Dragon Emperor may be a pro at avoiding detection but I am no pushover as well. You see when we could not get any evidence the usual way me and my staff pulled out every trick in the book to find some evidence. Finally after 6 hours of searching and good luck they managed to get a picture of this elusive Dragon Emperor. You see it came from one of the many weather analyzing balloons that are scattered all over Kalos. They are equipped with video cameras to document unusual weather. It so happened that there was minor gust storm and the trio of Ash, Serena and Dragon Emperor were travelling through that area while the balloon was recording everything. In this video we managed to get a photo of this Dragon Emperor whoever he is." Looker says as he presses a button which reveals an image.