59 : An Alolan Evening

(At the Pokemon Center)

Everyone except Ash and Serena are waiting outside the Pokemon center with nervousness. Suddenly the light outside the Operation Theater turns from red to blue and nurse Joy comes out.

"Nurse Joy is my Lycanroc going to be alright?" Gladion asks with concern.

"Yes not to worry. 1 Full day rest and it should recover completely." Joy replies before going away. Everyone of the people from the Alola region breathe a sigh of relief.

"See I told you nothing will happen. Nothing to worry about." Serena replies which earns her "Are you kidding me?" stares from the people present.

"That's not the point. Ash should have restrained himself. It's one thing to fight and another to show of to the point that his Lycanroc destroys the KIP stadium." Diantha says in a reprimanding tone.

"Don't look at me like that. I didn't want to fight in the first place but Mr. Gladion here wouldn't let it go." Ash replies.

"So you almost kill his Lycanroc with such a powerful move?" Rowan asks.

"The Z Move did not hit it's mark. I assure you that his Lycanroc was not in any danger." Ash replies.

"So we heard." Rowan says in a disapproving tone while looking at Serena.

"How did the 2 of you get a Z Ring and a Z Crystal in the first place. I don't think you have ever been to the Alola region before." Hala asks.

"That's something I can answer. Both of them got their rings and crystals from Dragon Emperor." Diantha replies.

"Yes we did. Both Serena and I have all 18 different Z crystals and a few Pokemon specific Z crystals as well." Ash replies to the shock of all the visitors from the Alola region as they have never heard any trainer having so many let alone more that 18 different type of Z crystals.

"Why didn't you tell us that you had got Z rings and Z Crystals and why have you never used them before?" Lance asks.

"Dragon Emperor told us not to use them without his explicit permission. You all saw how powerful the moves were. The damage they caused. Such power should be used with extreme caution." Serena replies.

"But when we heard about the Alolan visit we received instructions from the Dragon Emperor who told us that we can use the Z move only if our opponent uses it as well. Furthermore the attack that we land must not be a direct attack." Ash replies.

"I see. So that is what the instructions were that Dragon Emperor was talking about yesterday." Grace says to which Ash and Serena nod.

"Excuse me but I have a question." Kukui says.

"Go on." Ash replies.

"One thing I don't get is how did your Z move get so powerful? Judging from the size of the Continental crush of your Lycanroc and that of Gladion's your move was almost 2 times as powerful as his from a layman perspective." Kukui asks.

"I get the feeling you want to elaborate a little bit more. Kindly do so." Ash replies.

"Well I study the energy emitted by Pokemon during their battles. For the past 3 years I have been studying the energy emitted by Pokemon when using Z moves in particular. What I wish to know is what made your Z move so much more powerful than Gladion's" Kukui asks.

"Well there are several factors. First of course is the difference in the level of the trainer and that of the Pokemon. Now the other factors you won't understand so I will tell you about the one you can. It was the imperfection in the Z move pose struck by Gladion." Serena replies.