70 : Taking on the Analysts

(Next Morning)

"Serena it seems I am going to have some fun with Clemont." Ash says while chuckling.

"Good for you. Now where is my pairing?" Serena says while turning to the board where the pairings are shown.

"You are paired with me. He he he." A voice says causing Serena to get a little confused.

"And who might you be with that creepy outlook?" Serena says while turning.

"That's not funny Conway." Ash says in an annoyed tone while turning around to see Conway fixing his spectacles.

"Who is this weirdo?" Serena asks as she looks at Conway.

"Winning is my way, the name Conway. He he he." Conway says in a creepy voice.

"Yeah. Right." Serena says in a sarcastic tone.

"Gross attempt at poetry and creepy beyond belief. I can't believe I am stuck with you." Serena says in a disappointed tone while sighing.

"Sure. Sure. You are arrogant. I don't blame you. After all having having won the previous battles without much problem of course you will be completely confidant in your abilities. But it is at my hand your winning streak will come to a demise. He he he." Conway says while giving a creepy short burst of laughter.

"We'll see about who meets his demise at whose hands." Serena says while turning around and walking off.

"See you later Kalos Queen. He he he." Conway says as he fixes his glasses, turns around and walks off.

"Ignore him. Remember what the Dragon Emperor always says 'A Pyroar doesn't care about the opinion of Mareep.' But at least I'll have fun today." Ash says while walking beside Serena.

"Tell me. Is that creepiness genetic or by habit or both?" Serena says while Pikachu jumps off Ash's shoulder onto hers.

"Must be both. But take care of Pikachu. I'll be off. My match with Clemont is in 15 minutes." Ash says as he stops.

"Have fun. I know I won't." Serena says as she gives a sigh then gives Ash a quick peck on the lips before Ash walks away.

"Alright Pikachu it's the VIP Box for us. Want to have some Ketchup before you go?" Serena says.

"Chu Chu." Pikachu says while nuzzling it's cheeks affectionately with Serena causing her to giggle. Suddenly she stops giggling. Out of the corner of her eye she sees Conway looking at her from a distance.

'Ignore him Serena. He's just trying to creep you out.' Serena thinks to herself before walking away with Pikachu.

(15 Minutes Later)

"Alright Ash. It's time for our battle. I promise you this will go differently from our previous battle." Clemont says while smiling.

"Of course. Words spoken by everyone who has been beaten by me." Ash replies in a cool calm tone.

"Trainers are you ready?" Referee asks to which both Ash and Clemont nod.

"Send out your first Pokemon." Referee says.

"Chespin I choose you." Clemont says while sending out his first choice.

"Garchomp. I need your assistance." Ash says while sending out his first Pokemon.

"Battle begin." Referee announces.