90: Only the Student has Hope of Besting the Master

(7 Days Later)

A quiet and gentle breeze is blowing. The partially repaired stadium is buzzing with gossip. Ash and Serena are waiting in the battlefield. They patiently await their master's arrival while standing in the trainer's box. They try their level best to remain calm and composed for the fight they know they are going to have in the following hour. The stadium is full of people who have come to watch the epic showdown that is going to take place.

(In the VIP Box)

"I still don't think we should have any spectators in the stadium. After what happened last time it's too big of a risk." Diantha says. She is clearly not happy at the situation.

"I know. But the reason I insisted is because we can't be seen afraid of this Dragon Emperor who has in a way taken control of the Pokemon world and that is unacceptable." Goodshow replies.

"Yes. But at what cost? They are the students of KIP. You shouldn't even have a say in the matter. I am the owner of KIP." Diantha replies.

"Excuse me. I and half of the member of the Pokemon league board happen to also sit in the board of your institution. That makes it our say as well." Goodshow replies.

"Hold on. Look there. Something is happening." Cynthia says while pointing to the battlefield. Everyone turns their attention back to the battlefield as they see a small robin like Pokemon hover near Ash and Serena.

(In the Battlefield)

"Ash what is this Fletchling doing here?" Serena remarks as Fletchling starts flying in front of them.

"I don't know Sere. Is this the one who used to wake you up in the morning?" Ash asks in an equally puzzled tone.

"Well since I haven't had a peck attack so I would say not." Serena says as she extends her hand forward to pet the Fletchling. But as soon as she does the Fletchling flies away and then hovers above the opposite empty trainer box. Before Ash and Serena can say anything it transforms itself into the Dragon Emperor which takes everyone by surprise.

"Good morning Dragon Emperor." Ash and Serena say after they recover from their shock.

(In the VIP Box)

Everyone is shell shocked at this surprise revelation. Lance at that moment has a flashback to when a Fletchling dropped of a letter in which the Dragon Emperor challenged all the champions to a 1 on 6 battle.

"Oh my god. He was there the whole time. He was the one who dropped of the letter which challenged us to the 1 on 6 match which we lost. Do you remember guys?" Lance shouts out.

"You sure about that. I mean it was a Fletchling. Could have been any Fletchling." Oak remarks.

"No prof. I am sure of it. I can feel it in my gut." Lance says while defending his stance.

"Can be. It is not impossible. That much we can say without  a doubt." Cynthia remarks.

"I still don't believe it. He can transform himself into a Pokemon?" Ilene says as she can't believe what her eyes are showing her.

"Yeah. We've been getting this can't believe my eyes stuff for the past 2 years now. And after one there is always another." Grace replies.

"Don't worry. You'll get used to it like we have." Delia replies.

(In the Battlefield)

"Dragon Emperor. We are here as per your request. We trained the best we could over the week. We hope we can give you a good fight and restore your faith in us." Ash and Serena say in unison.