21: A Volcanic Start

(In the Arena)

The stadium was covered to ensure that sunlight doesn't pass through. Everyone, who's sitting in the dark, chats anxiously, awaiting the Kalos Queen's arrival. Suddenly, there is a noise. Everyone turns to see the battlefield splitting into two. As both sides of the battlefield are mechanically pulled away, another platform rises, showing Serena and her Pokemon.

The moment Serena comes into view, surrounded by her trusty trio of partners Sylveon, Braixen and Pancham, the crowd starts going wild. All the boys drool and cheer enthusiastically, much to the chagrin of their girlfriends. Serena is wearing a mildly skimpy red, pink dress with a black coloured frilly skirt. She has two pink ribbons, one on her forehead and the other is pinned onto her dress. Ash notices that Serena's wearing the necklace he brought her on their first dance night, on her neck.

Serena gives her characteristic cute yet charming smile and shoots a few winks into the audiences, much to the annoyance of all the relationship involved girls present. She then delicately holds her skirt and curtsies in the most dignified manner possible. The moment she does so the crowd goes completely silent, knowing that her performance will now start. Till now the spotlight has been on Serena. The spotlight goes out and Serena closes her eyes while taking a deep breath.

Suddenly, one by one, the lights come on, making Serena and her three Pokemon visible in the centre of the arena. Till now Serena's eyes have been closed but there is a calm radiant smile on her face.

The music starts and Serena also starts tapping her foot with the beat. She opens her sparkling azure eyes and shouts "Let's go."

On hearing the command all three Pokemon begin to jump. Everyone watches as they see the Pokemon doing all sorts of complex acrobatics while not displaying a single flaw in their manoeuvres.

"Braixen, use Fire Blast and Sylveon, use Swift. Pancham you know what to do," Serena dances along with her Pokemon elegantly.

The Fire Blast and Swift attacks collide, mid-air, releasing red and golden sparkles. Everyone watches as the sparkles gently shower down on Serena who's elegantly spinning and smiling with the beat. Pancham lets out a cry of excitement as he jumps high into the sky. 

"Cham," it cries as it lands on the ground. Instantly, Stone Edge pillars form around Serena which upon completion represent a shiny blue Volcano.

"Alright then. Braixen and Sylveon go. Pancham, come here," Serena orders as Braixen and Sylveon both jump onto one of the Stone Edge blue pillars.

Braixen hops inside the stone edge volcano while Sylveon jumps into the sky and uses Fairy Wind facing downwards. With her jolly Pancham in her arms, they both start floating in the air due to Sylveon's Fairy Wind.

(In the VIP Box)

Ash is sitting in silence as he watches Serena's performance with the utmost amount of concentration he can muster. He softly smiles as he sees Serena spin and dance, away to her heart's content. Her smile, her leap, the way her hair waved in the air, all of them make his heart skip a beat. He sniffs for a bit as tears of pride swell in his eyes. He wastes no time in wiping away those tears before they can trickle down his elated face. While he's extremely happy for Serena, he can't help but feel a tinge of pain somewhere deep down inside him. The pain of not having achieved success till now. As he sees Serena perform away to her heart's content he curls his fingers, of his right hand, in the form of a fist, resolving himself to achieve his own dream, not just for his but Serena's sake as well.