13 : A Night to Remember

(Later)

"Ash! You did it. I am so happy for you," Serena says in an enraptured tone as she runs and then embraces Ash in a tight hug.

After while she separates but not before giving him a peck on the cheeks.

"Indeed. That was quite a remarkable battle," Grace says while smiling.

"Thanks. It was nothing," Ash says while blushing nervously.

"Ash Ketchum! Don't you ever do that to us again? We literally got a heart attack from watching this battle," Dawn and May shouted at the top of their voice, the moment they arrive, causing Ash to gulp and flinch. But then their expression turns to one of pure joy.

"But we are so glad that you won," Both of them say as they tackle Ash into a hug.

Ash was wincing in pain from that unexpected fall when he glanced at Serena. He notices that she is getting more and more irritated by the second, as May and Dawn continued to hug him and refuse to let him go.

'Oh oh. I need to do something quickly,' Ash starts panicking as he thinks of a way to defuse the situation.

"Alright, that is enough hugging. I need to meet the others as well," Ash said as he wrenches himself free of their iron-clad grip.

Both May and Dawn look disappointed but then they shrug it off while thinking 'Oh well.'

"Nice battle. Ashy Boy," Gary comments.

"Yup. I agree. It was," Brock smiles.

"Thanks, Gary and Brock. Wouldn't have been able to do it wit1hout your support and rivalry," Ash replies as he proceeds to fist bump Gary.

"Indeed that was quite the battle," Professor Oak says while walking towards them.

"I know. It's all thanks to you," Ash says.

"Thanks to me?" Oak replies as his eyebrows rise with suspicion.

"Yeah. After I saw how you analyzed KIP question papers to come up with my strategy of studying and attempting the paper. I knew I had to incorporate your style of analyzing when I study my opponents' moves and actions. I just had to incorporate it into my battling style. That is how I managed to get past Seibold's Blastoise," Ash says before pausing as he remembers something.

"Of course, my Charizard has a certain penchant for beating back Blastoise. So that does help, wouldn't you agree, Gary?" Ash says with a smirk.

"Oh! Yeah maybe," Gary says in an uncomfortable manner as he remembers his match in the Johto League with Ash. 

Ash and Brock quietly snicker at Gary's reaction.

"Well. Well. Young man, that was an excellent battle," Sycamore said as he joined the lively group.

"Thank you, Professor. May I have a word with you in private?" Ash says in a more serious tone.

"Of course," Sycamore replies before he and Ash go to one corner of the room.

Everyone looks puzzled as they see Ash and Professor Sycamore, engaged in a serious conversation, in the corner of the room. Shortly, both of them rejoin the group. Ash goes towards his friends while Sycamore rejoins the adult group.

"What did he want Sycamore?" Oak inquires in a curious tone.

"Oh, nothing. Ash just wanted to know when he could swing by my lab to see with which Pokemon does his mega stone go with. I told him he can come tomorrow evening after school finishes," Sycamore replies with a smile.