10 : Confessions

(In the food court)

"A toast! To the new champion of the school," Grace raises her glass of champagne.

"Hear hear," Brock toasts while everyone raises their glasses and toast to Ash.

"Thank You. It was nothing," Ash says while blushing uncontrollably.

"Don't say it was nothing Ashy Boy. Paul and I have been trying to win against him for almost a year now. Till now we couldn't because of that Darkrai of his. Now suddenly you come and make him look like a third class trainer," Gary says before giving Ash a hard pat on the back.

"I must say I was impressed by the way you used that Razor Leaf with Torterra to defeat his mega evolved Absol. Didn't know you could generate that much force that would allow you to levitate a heavy Pokemon like Torterra," Paul says in a quiet tone.

"Yeah," Ash replies in a quiet tone as his mind wanders back to the letter, where this tactic was suggested.

"I have been practising with Torterra with ever since I lost in the Unova league," Ash says. His tone is impassive but on seeing Paul raise an eyebrow he puts up a fake smile.

"And the best part is that you also got that smart smug son of a bitch, thrown out of the school," Gary cheers.

This causes everyone to cheer again for a second time, including Grace.

"Indeed young man, that was quite the performance," A voice says out of nowhere.

Everyone looks, in the direction of the voice, to see Palermo standing there with a smile.

"Oh! Thanks, I guess. But I am sorry Miss, I don't know who you are," Ash says in an apologetic tone.

"Ash, this is Palermo. She is my mentor and guide," Serena replies while smiling.

"Oh! I see. So she is the reason behind you becoming Kalos Queen," Ash says before turning to Palermo, "It is a pleasure to meet you ma'am." he says while shaking Palermo's hand.

"Please forgive me for not recognizing you ma'am," Ash says as he gives her a smile.

"A gifted trainer and gentlemanly manner. My, my Serena. You must be the luckiest Kalos Queen in the history of Pokemon Performing," Palermo remarks while cracking a rare smile.

Serena and Ash instantly blush while May and Dawn, on the other hand, fume in silence while clenching their fists.

"Well, I must get going, I have other matters to attend to. I will see you tomorrow, Serena," Palermo says. 

She turns around and then walks out quietly.

"Well, we should go out and celebrate since Ash has become the champion of the institution," Brock proposes, much to everyone's agreement.

"An excellent idea, Brock!" Grace seconds Brock's proposal.

"We will celebrate, but not today," Ash says quietly, shocking everyone with his response.

Everyone stares at him in stark silence. Serena finally breaks her silence and says "Ash. But why? You don't want to celebrate your win with your friends and me? Besides this way, I'll get to know your friends."

"Of course I do Sere. But I will celebrate when I beat the Elite Four member tomorrow," Ash says while making a determined fist.

Everyone's eyes widen, on hearing that. They all look at each other while Ash seems to be dead set on the task in front of him.

"I promise you. Regardless of what happens tomorrow. Win or lose. We will celebrate tomorrow. But today I need to go back and prepare for my match tomorrow. Because unlike Calem, that Elite Four battle will not be a walk in the park. Besides I feel kinda tired as well," Ash says.