Nowhere To Go {Chapter 31}

Sophie's POV

I hopped in the car and just drove. I had nowhere to go and no one to visit, but I was starving so I decided to stop at Pops. I pulled up to the parking lot and got out of my car of course looking like a mess. I walked in and sat in a booth way in the corner of the restaurant so hopefully no one would see me. 

I sat at the booth for a little bit when Pop came over and gave me my food "Hey Sophie I haven't seen you in awhile how are you?" "I'm doing ok." "I'm sorry about your brother. It must be really hard for you." "Yeah it is." "Okay well enjoy your food." "Thanks Pop." I said as he walked away. I was just eating my hamburger and scrolling through Instagram to see what I had missed when the gang came in and sat at there usual booth. It was Veronica, Betty, and Jughead. Of course Archie wasn't there he was probably still at my house or he had given up and gone home. I was done with all my food but now I had to try and get out without them seeing me. If they did see me it would probably just be them saying oh my gosh I am so sorry how can I help you and how .are you feeling blah blah blah. I hate that because one you saying sorry isn't going to make me feel better or bring my brother back, two there is nothing you can do but stop talking to me and leave me alone, and three awful. 

I was about to make my escape when Archie walked in. Oh great I thought. He went and sat down with the gang so I am guessing he gave up, so I tried to sneak out.

Archie's POV

I sat on Sophie's kitchen counter for a little while wondering if she would come back, but she didn't so I got in my car. I searched everywhere when finally I was just ready to give up, so I went to Pops to see if the gang was there. I walked in and sat down with them. As we sat there talking I couldn't help but think 'Sophie wouldn't be here right?' But I was wrong because as soon as I got up to go to the bathroom there she was walking out of Pop's.