Consider this Goodbye {Chapter 21}

Sophie's POV

I was starting to walk upstairs, holding an ice pack to my eye when I heard a knock at the door. I walked back down the stairs and opened the door to find Archie Andrews standing on my front porch all sweaty. "What do you want Archie?" He stood there in silence, until he reached his hand up to remove the ice pack from my eye, I hit his hand away. "Archie just don't please." "Sophie I am really so sorry I couldn't handle the way Reggie was flirting with you tonight." "Archie after you punched me in the eye I ran out of Pop's, expecting you to come after me, but Reggie came and he walked me home,  and made sure I was okay not you." Tears started to fall down my face. Archie wiped my tears away as he said "Sophie I am so sorry, but I love you, and I just can't stand the way Reggie was staring at you and how he was talking to you. Sophie please I can't stop what we have." 

Archie's POV

Sophie opened the door, holding and ice pack to her eye. " What do you want Archie?" She was mad at me, and who could blame her?  I told her that I was so sorry and that I hated that Reggie was flirting with her. She got mad at me for not running after her to make sure she was okay, which is fair, and I get that. "Sophie I am so sorry, but I love you, and I just can't stand the way Reggie was staring at you and how he was talking to you. Sophie please I can't stop what we have." I let all my feelings out something I don't do a whole lot, but I kinda felt it was necessary. "Archie I love you too, but considering what's happened tonight can we just be friends for just a little while until I figure us out." That's something I didn't want to happen, but I didn't want to push us if she didn't want it. "Yeah I get it." I was about to start walking back to my house when Sophie grabbed my arm turned me around and smashed her lips on mine, and of course I kissed her back. After a little bit she pulled away saying "Consider that goodbye for now." I smiled and pecked her on the lips one more time before walking home.