But why... {Chapter 6}

Sophie's POV

It was the next day, and I was embarrassed. Last night Archie found me slitting my wrists, I felt so bad that he had to see that. When he came in I was surprised, I felt like he cared. Well I guess he was the only one that knew what I was doing too myself, so I guess in a way he doesn't care. I also had to tell him leave, that was by far the worst part, because he did just what I told him too. All I wanted him to do was say no and stay with me when I was most vulnerable.

I came to school wearing a black long-sleeved hoodie with ripped jeans, and high top converse. I walked up to my locker pulling up my sleeve seeing the wrap Archie had but over my bleeding the wrists the night before. Veronica came up to me "Hey Sophie!" I put a fake smile on, something I was used too. "Hey Ronnie!" "So I saw Archie and he looked pretty sad, do you know anything about that?" I knew everything. "No I will try and talk to him." "I'm sure that will make his day." "Why would it make his day?" "Really Sophie?" I made a confused expression. "Your stupid Archie obviously likes you!" "No he doesn't!" Ronnie rolled her eyes and waved goodbye. Archie couldn't possibly like me we were just friends. Right?

Archie's POV

It was the next morning. I got up did all my normal stuff then was about to start walking to school when I saw Sophie walking too school, so I stayed back, not wanting her to get mad at me again. If some people saw what I saw last night they may have been traumatized, but I was just worried, worried about Sophie. I went to my locker, I guess I looked pretty sad, because Ronnie asked me if I was okay. The bell rang and I went straight to class, looking forward to seeing Sophie. I was one of the first ones in the classroom, so I set my stuff down and just stared at the door. I stared for awhile then the bell rang signaling that everyone should be in class, damn it I thought. 

We were about five minutes into class when Sophie rushed in with her head down and hood on. "Sophie your late, stay a minute after class." "Got it." She mumbled. It was only her second day here and she was already falling apart. I felt bad. I looked up to see tears running down her cheeks, I couldn't just say nothing. "Hey Soph-" She cut me off and looked me straight in the eye "Please just don't your only going to make this harder." What was she talking about? I wanted to know, but I decided it was just better to leave it be. Right?