Do you? {Chapter 35}

Sophie's POV

I walked downstairs after getting all ready with Veronica and Betty. Jughead and Archie were sitting on the counter talking about something that was obviously serious, but as soon as they saw us walking down the stairs they immediately stopped. "You look great Soph." Archie complimented. "Thanks Arch." The tension in the room was so tight you could cut it with a knife. Veronica and Betty knew that I didn't know where my feelings were as far as Archie went, and of course that I still had feelings for Reggie. Then Jughead I guess I can only assume that Betty will fill him in at some point. It was quiet for a bit, we all just sat there in silence when I looked up to see Archie making faces at Jughead 'What is wrong with them?' I thought. "Hey um Soph I have to go pick up the food from Pop's that I ordered for all of us. Do you want to come with me?" I threw a subtle look at Veronica and Betty to see if it was a good idea. They both gave me a small nod. "Yeah sure lets go." 

Archie and I got into his truck, and without a moment to spare Archie was already striking up conversation. "I'm glad you are letting us help you. I was really worried about you." I didn't want to share my feelings right now so I just responded with a simple "Me too." There was the usual awkward silence for a minute or so when Archie brought up the one thing I so badly did not want to talk about. "Do you still feel the same?" I knew exactly what he was doing, but this isn't where I wanted the conversation to go so I just played dumb. "Feel the same about what?" I couldn't even make eye contact with him so I looked out the window. "Me." I took a deep breath knowing there was no escaping this.

Archie's POV

She took a deep breath in. That was never a good sign. "I have to be honest with you Arch, my feelings have been all over the place. I do like you but you really aren't the only one. When we went through all that you punching me stuff Reggie was there for me and I developed feelings and so did he. I think they are still there." My face got red knowing that Reggie that son of a bitch took Sophie right from me. "I understand that your feelings are all over the place I really do but Reggie?" She looked down at her feet she was obviously not loving the way she was breaking my heart. "Yes Reggie. He came to see me everyday after Nathan died even though some days I was a total jerk he always came back the next." The rest of the drive was in silence. 

When we got home Reggie's car was outside. I walked inside to see Reggie sitting on the couch talking to the rest of the gang. When he saw Sophie he immediately ran over to her and hugged her. "Oh my gosh Sophie. I am so glad you are okay." She started crying. "I am sorry I pushed you away." She apologized. "It's okay I am just glad your back." They hugged one last time but when they came out of the hug he kissed her. I wouldn't say it was a make out or a peck but It was enough to make me pissed off.

A/N- Before anyone asks no this is not becoming a Reggie Mantle book you will just have to wait and see what comes next.