After School {Chapter 4}

A/N- Okay, so just to be clear when they start texting when it says Sophie <3 that's Archie texting her and when it says Archie :) that's her texting Archie. I don't really know any other way to do it but if you have a better way just slide into my dm's lol <3

Sophie's POV

After school Archie and I walked home together, for like the millionth time that day. Not that I'm complaining. We walked all the way home, until we came to his house and he ran quickly inside. Then I walked just a couple steps over to my house and quietly walked in, trying to not wake my older brother Nathan who was sleeping on the couch.

Nathan had graduated from college, but my parents left me when I was in 8th grade, and now I'm a sophomore and Nathan is my legal guardian. I really don't mind my older brother being in charge except for the fact that he's super over protective of literally everything I do.

I walked into the kitchen, and set my phone on the counter while I made some mac and cheese for my dinner. After it was done I sat at the counter and was looking at my phone when I got a text that made me smile.

Archie's POV 

 Once I got inside my house I went straight into the kitchen to find my dad reading the newspaper. I told him about Sophie and how I thought I was kinda starting to like her. After I was done telling what had happened with me that day I was basically out of breath when my dad asked "So what is this girls last name?" "Leavitt" "Oh I know her older brother Nathan, I coached him in basketball and football when he went to Riverdale!" "That's cool Dad!" "It's so sad what happened to that family." I was confused "What happened?" My dad told me the whole story about how their mom and dad left Sophie when she was just in 8th grade, and Nathan had just graduated college. I guess Nathan was her legal guardian now.

I felt kind of hurt that Sophie didn't tell me these important facts about her life, but then again we only just became friends, so I just decided to text her.

Sophie <3 

 Hey it's Archie!

Archie :) 

 Hey neighbor!

Sophie <3 

 Lol what's up?

Archie :) 

 eating mac & cheese hahaha

I wanted to ask her about her family, but I just couldn't bring up something so personal like that so soon, maybe later.