Chasing {Chapter 7}

Sophie's POV

After school I immediately went to my locker then walked home, alone. I missed talking to Archie at lunch and between classes, it kinda felt like I was missing a piece of my life. I walked into my room set my stuff down then went back downstairs for a snack. 

As I was eating my snack Nathan came in and sat across from me. "Did you talk to that Andrews kid today?" "Nope." I said between bites. "Okay good." Then Nathan left, to go do whatever he was doing with his old college friends. 

I finished my lucky charms. Then I played on my phone for awhile when I got a text from Archie. I guess Nathan deleting his number didn't stop him.

Archie :)

 Ugh hey can we talk?

Sophie <3

yeah just come over

Archie :)

K be there in a sec

How was I going to tell him that we couldn't be friends, because my older brother was a jerk? I was thinking about what I was going to tell him when there was a knock on the door. I sighed walked over to the door, and opened it. It was less than two seconds after I opened the door when I felt his arms around me. After he hugged me, he just stared at me. Then he walked to the kitchen, and sat down. I was so confused, but I walked over and sat down anyway.

Archie's POV

After school I tried to catch up to Sophie but got held back by the football team, and by the time I got to her locker she was gone. I felt bad so I just walked home alone. I walked inside and saw a note from my dad 'Hey kiddo I will be working late tonight there is some left overs in the fridge. Love you see ya tonight!'  I sighed all I wanted to do was to tell him what was happening.

I walked up to my room not wanting to eat anything right now, when I felt like I should text Sophie. 

Sophie <3 

Ugh hey can we talk?

Archie :)

yeah just come over 

Sophie <3 

K be there in a sec

I wondered, should I really go over to her house. In the end I decided too go. I knocked on the door, and she opened it. I wasn't planning on hugging her, but I just couldn't help it. After the hug I walked over to the counter, and we started talking.

"So what's going on with you?" I started the conversation. "I ugh I just my older brother Nathan um ever since my mom and dad left me he's being taking care of me, and I guess he's not the biggest fan of you." I got flashbacks from last summer with Ms.Grundy knowing that's why her brother wasn't the 'biggest fan of me.'  "I don't know why but he yelled at me and told me to stay away from you, and that's why I ya know." "Sophie, I ugh I know why your brother doesn't like me that much but why do you do what you do to yourself? You know you don't deserve it." "I know I just, I guess it's just my way of calming myself down." "Wait why doesn't my brother like you?" "Sophie just hear my out..."