The News {Chapter 27}

DISCLAIMER I totally cried writing this and I Know just because ugh I can't with all the heartfelt cuteness!

Sophie's POV

Archie and I sat there for what I think must've been two hours when a doctor walked in. I immediately stood up and walked over toward her with Archie right behind me. "Are you Sophie?" "Yeah I am." "I am sorry Miss but your brother died during surgery." I put my hand over my mouth, fell to the ground and started screaming. The doctor awkwardly walked away. I kept crying and screaming, not being able to stand up so Archie pulled me up and walked me out. "Sophie you are in no place to drive right now so I'll take you home and we will go get your car when your up to it." All I could do was nod. As he drove home I realized that all those things I was thinking about while I was waiting for news on Nathan were all coming true. I couldn't live in that house by myself and pay the bills. I didn't have a home. I didn't have any family. I was alone.

Archie's POV

I can't believe Nathan is dead. I drove Sophie home, but as soon as I pulled up to the house she started screaming again. She couldn't even open the car door so I walked around to passenger door and opened it up. I helped her out and into the house. "Archie I think I want to be alone." "Sophie I am not going to let you be alone right now you need someone here with you, after all you just lost your brother." She just plopped down on the couch and kept crying. I left her for a second to get her some water since she was losing a lot of fluids.

"Hey Dad." I called my dad to let him know that I was going to stay with Sophie to make sure she was okay. "Hey Arch where are you?" "Dad Sophie's brother Nathan got in a car crash and died tonight. She really isn't in a good place to be left alone so I am just going to stay here to make sure she's okay." "Sounds good Archie. Your a good kid and she's lucky to have you as her friend." Little did he know it was much more than that now. "I am more lucky to have her."