Chapter 1: The First Day is Always The Bad Day

(Copyright, 7/5/14 Loverofwriting97. Please don't steal my stuff or I will come find you with a hammer. Love you!)

·

·

·

·

Chapter 1: First Day Is Always The Bad Day

---Abigail's POV---

·

·

·

·

"Get up, Abigail darling, get up! It's a beautiful day! Let's go! You must get ready for your first day at Peaks High! Come on, I woke you up an hour early just so we could make you look marvelous!" I groan and flip over, the sun shining from my window catching my eyes. Through squinting, I make out my grandmother standing right above me.

Her gray hair was in a loose ponytail and she was in her normal stretch pants and t-shirt. Gran was an artist/baker/writer, so she was at home a lot.

Ok, make that she is home all the time, unless she's delivering something or getting groceries. She does a lot online. I swear, she knows more about the internet than me and I'm sixteen years old. And according to the universal teen laws, sixteen year olds know everything.

"Gran, do I have to go? Can't I wait until tomorrow? I mean, I just moved here this weekend and with mom and everything on Friday, I could use the rest. I don't even know where the boxes with my jeans are," I say, then grab the fluffy white pillow and smash it over my head.

Gran snatches it away, throws off my covers and pushes me off the side of the bed. The floor echoes a thump and I grunt. I slowly crawl up and spread myself on the big fluffy green leaf design bed.

"You are so lazy! When I was your age, I had to wake up at three in the morning. The president didn't wait for his breakfast. Then I had to head to school and to the market and right back to the White House! All you have to do is go to school for seven hours! Now come on," she says, tossing me a bright pink high waist skirt. Shaking my head, I throw the skirt back.

She sighs and throws me a pair of light washed jeans. While sliding on the jeans, Gran goes through the dirty brown boxes searching for a shirt. I feel something cling onto my head and frowning, I take it off. Seeing it was a lime green and white flowery tee, I shrugged. I quite liked these kinds of shirts. At least it wasn't the full pink and frilly ones that Gran wanted me to wear.

While pulling it on quickly, Gran chucks a pair of green flats at my head. Gosh, what is up with this lady and throwing things at my head? I might as well get used to it since I'm now living with her.

My mother went into rehab on last Friday. She was drunk driving and wasn't in her right mind and hit a tree. The court gave her three years in rehab or imprisonment. So being the smart person she is, that being when she's sober, she took rehab.

That means, for the next three years, I'll be hitching a ride with Gran. This means, that I'll be starting a new school in the middle of my sophomore year.

Oh and did I mention that Gran lives across the country? Yes, I had to move away from the shining state of California to the wet state of Virginia; just peachy, right? Yep, my life was perfect.

Gran shouts from the bottom of the stairs to hurry up and I sweep up my bag, phone, glasses and Ellie and scurry downstairs before Gran has a heart attack. I should probably explain about Ellie.