chapter 25

HARRY

The front door of our flat was practically revolving as our friends poured in. DJ Malik was shaking the entire top floor and my heart thumping to the beat of the bass. I had a drink in one hand and used the other to periodically stop and one-arm hug my houseguests, who were here to celebrate the dropping on iTunes of our first single as a band. I was weaving my way tipsily through the dimmed lighting and drunken friends searching for a single face in the crowd: Charlie. As I stopped to talk to Liam’s friend Andy I felt a faint tap on my shoulder, spinning my body around. My eyes met with the pair I had been looking for that sparkled like diamonds in the rough and lingered down her body. She looked absolutely amazing, as she always had. I quickly turned to Andy “I’ll see you later man” I shouted over the sound of the music and he patted me on the back before disappearing into the sea.

“Hey babe!” she said pulling my ear to her lips so I could hear her, the light contact sending shivers down the length of my body. Every time Charlie surrounded me I found myself sinking deeper into the quicksand of love that dragged me by my feet and pulled me under her spell.

“Hey Char, you look incredible” I spoke quickly before her lips collided with mine. What felt like hundreds of people swarmed around us dancing and laughing and drinking but in this moment they turned to abstract figures as Charlie and I felt like the only two people in the world. Her hands grabbed onto the fabric of my Ramones t-shirt, pulling me close, holding me so tightly, as if she was afraid I would float off into the crowd. Our tongues danced together and the people around us did the same, until what seemed to me to be to soon she pulled away. Her eyes glimmered in the dim light and I could feel my own shining down onto her. Without words being spoken our souls spoke to each other, just the simplest of looks reminded me why I had fallen in love with her.

“Lets dance!” she yelled in my direction before turning her back to me and dancing against my body. My hands magnetically found their way to her hips as we swayed like branches in a storm to the music, her body moving to the beat against the front of mine whilst my lips were pressed against her neck.

CHARLIE

I was drunk on vodka and high on Harry Styles. Our bodies fit together like a lock and key, no other person would have matched so perfectly for me, the way his hands filled the spaces of my fingers, my head fit perfectly into the crook of his neck, his body molded seamlessly to mine, and our lips moved together in harmony whenever they frequently made contact. There was nothing more comforting than it was to be able to dance together in the privacy of our own flat, where no paparazzi could come and throwing rocks at our shining love. I danced up and down the length of his body and could feel Harry grow beneath me as my bottom moved against him, only fueling me to continue. Something about the way alcohol surged throughout my body made me let loose, I became more free and touchy and to put it simply I was a horny blast in a glass. My eyes were closed as I moved with the music, but when they flickered open I could see Louis waving me down in a distance. I took Harry’s hand and followed Lou’s hand like the light at the end of the tunnel, ending up at the kitchen counter with the rest of the boys, Eleanor, Danielle, Perrie, and Jade.

“Celebratory shots!” Niall’s thick accent flowed through the music as he filled up the tiny glasses. Each of the ten of us picked one up and clinked them against each other’s letting out a chorus of ‘cheers’ before throwing our heads back. The liquid burnt my throat and I could feel my eyes watering as I stifled out a cough.

“Do you like Niall?!” Danielle drunkenly whispered to Jade next to me, loud enough for me to hear as well, who laughed back nervously “He’s great!” she responded, in her equally adorable accent to my Irish best mate, over the roar of chatter, her gleaming eyes landing on Niall across the counter. Even though I was out of my mind I could still see the way her face lit up like a Christmas tree at the sound of his name, I wanted so badly to set them up; Niall was the lone bachelor and I could sense that he wanted somebody to love.