chapter 14

CHARLIE

Emotions came over me like a tidal wave and I was drowning. I was shocked, speechless, confused, and above anything I was absolutely sure I was in love.

Without even reacting to my equally shocked friends I disappeared. I needed to just be alone, to take this in. I rushed through the crowds and searched signs in the lobby for a bathroom and when I located it I quickly made my way there. I looked at the bottom of all the stalls and to my relief found that I was alone. I spun around to face the mirror and met a tear stained face. Shit. I hadn’t seen Harry in three months and granted he just serenaded me and saw my tears I needed to fix myself. I grabbed a compact out of my purse and powdered my face. I stood there looking at my reflection trying to make sense of what just happened. The lyrics replayed over and over in my mind. They were so relevant. And he sang my name; he sang angelically in front of a crowd of thousands of people that he missed me, Charlie Parker. I couldn’t even believe it. In a distance I heard the roar of the crowd and hurried out of the bathroom. On my way back to the inside of the arena the familiar strums of Give Me Love filled the air.

It was complete darkness with nothing but glow sticks and the spotlight on Ed. I had zero clue how to get back to my friends and the lack of light didn’t help. As soon as he began to sing the words give me love like her, I stopped right in my tracks. I was absolutely mesmerized. I hadn’t even thought about the fact that I was seeing the Ed Sheeran tonight, because I had been so caught up in Harry. I didn’t even care about finding my seat; I just wanted to be right here looking at him taking him in. I found myself swaying in the sound of his voice when suddenly I felt a firm pair of hands on my hips and a new voice in my ears.

Give a little time to me, or burn this out

We’ll play hide and seek to turn this around

And all I want is the taste that your lips allow

Harry. The skin where his hands pressed up against me tingled with warmth, my toes curling from his touch. He smelled of Bleu de Chanel and I instantly wanted to bury my face in his chest. His singing lightly stole me from my own thoughts.

My my, my my, oh give me love

My my, my my

Give me love

Every word he sang caused his lips to lightly brush my ear, sending shivers throughout my entire body. I wanted him so badly but I couldn’t let him in so easily. He may have just done the most romantic thing in the entire world, but he still broke my heart when he left me behind the way he did.

Give me love like never before

‘Cos lately I’ve been craving more

And it’s been a while but I still feel the same

Not being able to take it anymore, I turned around and looked up at him staring down at me. My eyes met his and I instantly felt lost at sea in them. He was hypnotizing. He lightly swept my hair behind my ear before gently cupping my face with his strong hand and with such a simple gesture my walls came tumbling down. No Charlie, don’t do this to yourself. You’re only going to get hurt. But before my mind could catch up to my heart, I fell right into his love as his lips had crashed against mine. Every bit of doubt dissolved as he kissed me hungrily, I had wondered these past months the chances of ever kissing him again, but in this moment I knew for sure he was the only person I wanted to kiss ever again.