chapter 17

CHARLIE

I could have stayed in bed for hours any day of the week, but when I was wrapped up in Harry, I could have stayed in bed for the rest of my life – I was literally on cloud nine just being with him, snuggled up in the smell of his bleu de chanel and the love radiating off of both of us. Chest to chest with our hands tangled together, just soaking up each other like the summer sun. Nothing could ruin this moment. 

“Erm, Charlie… when do you leave?” Harry said sadly and suddenly my theory shattered as the high in the room disappeared, being replaced with a thick storm cloud of tension. 

“My train leaves at 5PM” I sighed into his firm chest. I was heading back to Holmes Chapel today, but would be moving to London in just two days, and here the two of us were sulking in his bed trying to absorb every atom of each other to spare for our 48 hours apart. It’s kind of pathetic that the two of us are so gutted over me leaving, knowing soon enough I’d be back, but things would be different… it wouldn’t be laying in bed all day living together, I’d be in uni and he would be writing and recording and there was no way we’d be spending nearly this much time together. My dorm was across town and while that wasn’t far I wouldn’t be wrapped up in his bed every night – and that’s where I wanted to be. 

Harry stretched his long limbs across the bed and looked over at the clock with 1:37PM lit up – we had been just cuddling all morning and it was perfect. As much as I could have spent the rest of my life in this exact position, I really wanted to spend time with all of the boys before I left. I reluctantly hopped out of bed and into the bathroom to take a shower.

 HARRY

I stayed motionless on the bed staring up at the ceiling; I didn’t want her to leave. I knew she would be back in London before I knew it, but selfishly I really just wanted her to be here all the time. After the night we had and the perfect morning, I couldn’t imagine living any other way. I rolled off the bed and was on my feet, making my way downstairs. The boys were all in the living room crowded around the flat screen TV as Niall and Liam went at it on fifa. Zayn and Louis were watching them intently, but looked up simultaneously as I entered the room.

“Well well well, was someone having a cheeky morning with Miss Parker?” Zayn said teasingly in his vas happening voice and Louis hit him in the arm “ugh I will never get used to imagining that” he groaned as I flopped down in between them.

“Better your best friend with Charlie than somebody who doesn’t really love her” I said matter-of-factly and the two boys paused the game as all eyes landed on me. “What?” I said uncomfortably feeling like Swiss cheese as four pairs of eyes drilled holes through me.

“So, we all knew you really like Charlie, but are you sure you love her? That’s kind of a big verbal commitment so early on Haz” Liam asked responsibly, but it stung that he was questioning how genuine my feelings were. Louis scooted up on his place on the couch and looked at me intently, waiting for what I had to say. If anyone’s opinion on my relationship with Charlie mattered, it was Louis.

“I’ve never been more sure of something in my life” I said simply, my eyes flickering to each pair set on mine, landing on Louis as the corners of his mouth curled up and he smiled widely. “Good answer” he said nodding his head as Charlie waltzed into the room.

“Good answer to what?” she said cheerfully flopping down on the ground next to Niall.

“Nothing” we all said on queue and her eyebrows knitted together in suspicion, darting her eyes at each of us.

 “So Charlie, when do you have to go?” Niall said turning to her and my heart stressed at the thought being brought back up.

 “I need to leave for the train at around 4:30,” she said holding back her sadness as much as she could, camouflaging her disappointment with a faux casual voice, but I could see the sadness in her eyes as they met mine and then quickly flickered away.