chapter 21

HARRY

The sweet sound of birds singing forced my eyes open to be faced with the brightness of daylight. The air’s aroma filled my nostrils: fresh like autumn leaves, the crisp wind, and Charlie’s familiar scent of coconut shampoo and her natural fragrance. I didn’t fully expect to spend the night here but there was not a single aspect of the evening that I would change. Last night Charlie and I did something that I had sort of done before – I had had sex but I had never created love the way she and I had. I couldn’t even begin to explain the high I felt from being with Charlie so intimately; it just confirmed all the feelings I had for her, I never wanted to share something so special with anyone but her for the rest of my life. I leant over to face Charlie; it was amazing that just looking at her sleeping face made me know what love felt like. I had been with many girls before but when I looked at Charlie I could just feel my head falling over my heels, my heart filling to its maximum capacity – I was all in, nobody else mattered when I was with her. I kissed her button nose and her eyes fluttered open.

“Good morning” I said groggily in my first-words-of-the-day voice. 

“Hi Hazza” a sleepy smile spread across her face and I couldn’t hold it in anymore, I was dying to know how she felt about last night. 

“Last night was the best night of my entire life” I admitted abruptly and she responded by leaning up to kiss my lips “I’m glad you thought so too, I love you” she said smiling wider and my heartbeat quickened knowing she had just as an amazing time as I did. I sat up and looked out at the lake in the distance, the sun shining on it’s glimmering waters. The air was cool and the sky was blue, reflecting in Charlie’s eyes making them even brighter. Charlie stood up and started packing things up in the bag and I joined her. We finished collecting our things in a comfortable silence and I took Charlie’s hand in mine as we left the magical scene of the night before.

 LOUIS

Boxes of Charlie’s things have been arriving all morning, and the boys and I had decided to set up her room for her.

“Which guest room is goin’ta be Charlie’s?” Niall shouted carrying a box through the flat’s halls.

“The one straight across from Harry’s and next to yours!” I called back to him and heard him giggling, “well we know where she’ll be sneakin’ offta in the middle of the night!” Liam, next to me, let out a chuckle of his own as I rolled my eyes, handing him another box. It was going to take some getting used to, the idea of Charlie and Harry together. I wondered what they were up to these last two days, but I’d probably never know fully. Harry always used to tell me about his hook-ups and what girls he had scored with, but now that he was practically dating my little sister I knew things would be different. I was happy for the two of them – the amount of love they had for each other radiated off the two of them: they were meant for each other, they needed each other, but at the same time I was losing both of them to the other. They were both my best friends in the whole world, but now that they had each other, I was #2 on both their lists, and I didn’t know how I felt about it.

“I’m so excited for Charlie and Harry to come home!” Zayn was buzzing like a little kid waiting for his parents to come home after a long holiday and I couldn’t agree with him more; it was weird to have a missing member of them band, and I always felt incomplete when I was away from Charlie. And as much as I missed them and was glad to have them back, I still felt a little uneasy about the whole situation.

 “Yeah, me too” I mumbled carrying the final box to her room where Niall and Liam were setting things up, and Zayn was just behind me.

“What’s wrong, Lou?” Zayn questioned as we entered the room and Niall and Liam’s eyes drifted from what they were working on and were soon fixed in my direction.