chapter 5

Hanging out with the boys of One Direction was exactly like I always pictured it would be. We sat around Harry's living room for hours getting to know each other. I sat back in my place on the couch and took it all in. Niall was his carefree food-obsessed self and immediately treated me like one of the guys, teasing me and having a good laugh. Liam took the role as the daddy direction himself and welcomed me with open-arms, but he was quick to show me the silly side of him that you didn't always see in interviews. In the x-factor he was so serious because its evident how much he cares about his career, but being with the boys brings out the best in him and I can definitely see myself becoming just as close. Zayn was quiet at first, staying true his quiet mysterious role, but he wasn't as "vain" as everybody said. Granted he spent the day traveling and his quiff was still a vision of perfection, he was actually so down-to-earth and was joking around with me. Before I knew it I was talking to the three of them like the guys I used to go to school with, not like a crazed fangirl trying to talk to way-too-cool superstar sex gods. And there was Louis as his normal cheeky self of course, and I adored seeing the bromances in person between him and his best mates. But the one infamous bromance that was lacking this evening was unexpectedly Larry Stylinson... weird. Now that I thought back on the last few hours, Harry hadn't said more than two words to me the entire time.

I looked over at Harry from my spot on the couch between Louis and Niall and my eyes locked with his as he had appeared to be watching me. I gave him a small awkward smile wondering how long he had been staring so intently at me, and after the guilty expression disappeared from his face he recovered by sending a wink in my direction. My body broke over in goose bumps and my emotions must have been written all over my face because he acknowledged my facial expression with a chuckle.

"Are you alright, love?" Louis whispered into my ear as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and gave me a tight squeeze that knocked me out of my shock.

"U-uh yeah, I guess I'm just a little overwhelmed… it’s been an eventful few days. I think I'm going to head up to my room and go to bed." Obviously overhearing, Harry shot up from his spot on the couch and took my hand, sending a force of electricity up my arm and through my entire body.

“I’ll walk you up.” He suggested nervously. “I-Its okay Harry, I know where it is.” Shit. What was I saying? One does not simply deny Harry Styles from walking you to your room, or the feeling that washed over me after simply a touch. I instantly regretted my response but was relieved when he insisted. I smiled in response as he walked me up the stairs leading me to the door.

"So uhm sleep well." he mumbled without making eye contact and quickly disappeared down the stairs.

What the hell was that?

HARRY

Face palm. I had been with her all day and hadn’t said a thing to her. I couldn’t find any words to say, so I just took all of her in, studying each and every detail. The light splattering of freckles on her lightly tanned skin, and the way she crinkled up her nose when she laughed. The way she constantly ran her fingers through her shiny brown hair and how she fit right in with us like the sixth puzzle piece; as if she had been apart of our lives all along. I turned the corner and re-entered the room, and gossip filled the air as the only thing on our minds was finally able to out in the open.

"God Lou, you were right all along! She’s stunning!" Niall gushed at the thought of the beautiful girl who was just previously sat beside him. "I call dibs!" He said quickly with a more serious tone, as if he were trying to beat all of us to it.

"NO!" Louis and I quickly shouted in response. It was to be expected for Louis to deny Niall of dating his best friend, but when the boys noticed my disapproval, all eyes were on me.