chapter 48

SHAUNA

 descriptively, this may be one of my favorites. what do you think? xoxo

HARRY

Hands interlocked confidently without a care in the world, cameras flashed as we strode toward the black limos that would whisk us away to a well deserved after party. My cheeks hurt from smiling, my lips from kissing and my fingers for grasping to hers so tight, but I didn’t care. I felt as though my feet weren’t even hitting the ground, like I was floating on cloud nine with Charlie’s fingers intertwined with mine, like vines that grew together. We slid into the limo first, anxious to have just a moment alone while the other couples were rounded up by our security. We had exactly two minutes alone before the door burst open and thighs hit the leather, sliding in. But in those one hundred and twenty seconds, no time was wasted. Charlie’s tiny hands held my face, her palms hugging my jawline as she looked at me with lover’s eyes. With gravity we fell together, her plush lips to mine; it took everything I had to keep myself from smiling so hard, breaking our embrace. It was soft and romantic, like the first kiss in the morning or the last kiss at night, it was perfect but like all things seemed to have ended too soon.

When the door finally burst open and Niall dove in with Jade on his arm, our lips separated and our hands connected in one fluid motion – we craved each other, absentmindedly desperate for a constant touch between limbs because after so long apart we needed to be together in every sense. Charlie’s head fell on my shoulder as we erupted in conversation among us, though she kept quiet through the laughter and loud dialogue between reunited friends. I could feel her eyes grazing over the indents on my cheeks, each individual eyelash… I could feel her eyes watching my lips move slowly as I struggled to form words under her stare, as if somehow she made me nervous, anxious. Admittedly I could feel my heartbeat quicken with her black-rimmed eyes fixated on mine. But in a moment of lost interest, when my eyes fell from the banter that filled the back seat and landed on hers’, they were wide wet eyes, bright blue pooled in tears. My head tilted instinctively, silently wondering if she were okay, to which she responded by closing her eyes and smiling up at me, lighting up my face like the moon to the world. When they fluttered back open, a smile reflected down at her, and I saw such life in her eyes; her eyes filled me with life, she made me feel so alive. All these days without her I had been getting by, living everyday, but today, right now, with her thigh pressed to mine and her cheek to my shoulder, her eyes pouring into mine and the taste of her lips lingering on mine, because of her I was alive.

“A round of pints!” Niall said the moment we were engulfed by the thumping beat of the music, the flashing lights and the aroma of alcohol, sweat, and expensive perfume. A barely dressed woman walked around with a tray of shots, and Jade grabbed one and downed it in one swift motion, turning to face us with an embarrassed smile on her face.

“That’s my girl! God, I love you.” Niall laughed picking her up and taking her to a seat at the bar. Liam’s hand slipped into Danielle’s and they slipped away, as well as Zayn coming up behind Perrie with her favorite drink, leading her to a quiet place, everyone dividing and conquering leaving the winsome foursome together again at last.

“You ladies get dancing, we’ll grab the drinks!” Louis screamed over the music, pecking Eleanor on the cheek as she grabbed Charlie’s arm and pulled her to the dance floor. The two of them laughed and moved their hips to the music, waving their arms in the air like melodic branches in a storm.

“Its so good to see them,” Louis said hopping on a barstool and I followed suit. Two beers were served to us immediately as we sat, a perk indeed, taking the cold drink in my hand we spun in our seats to enjoy the show.

“I can’t even believe they’re here,” I said with my eyes glued to Charlie’s hair swaying around her, a smile on my face at the sight of her. I realized this was our first night together after all this time, and knew it had to have a fitting ending. Pulling out my phone I quickly dialed the number to a friend I’d made in room service who kept me company on such lonesome nights, when not even the boys could occupy the emptiness.

small worldजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें