chapter 47

SHAUNA

The big day! Enjoy! Leave a comment for the love of Chazza reuniting! Xo

HARRY

DAY 38: KIDS CHOICE AWARDS DAY – LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA (8:00 AM)

My alarm blared and I sprung out of bed – today was the big day. I had this energy about me from the moment I opened my eyes, a high that I hadn’t felt in a long time. It felt like one of those days where you’re completely buzzing, your whole outlook on life feels different and you have no idea why you’re so fucking happy, but this day, I knew exactly what I was so happy about. I was nervous and excited and thankful that this was even happening to me. There were only two performers that night, Katy Perry and us boys. It was unbelievable that we would be sharing a stage with Katy Perry, someone who was a huge part in our band as she was one of the reasons Niall got through, and also someone we were huge fans of: her name was in the bridge of one of our songs. All week we had been practicing and going to rehearsals, just being in the room and seeing all the labels of where people would sit, it was hard to imagine that those bodies would occupy those seats in just a few hours time. We would be performing in front of people like Justin Bieber and Will Smith… the thought of it made my lungs concave. We were the new guys amongst all these veterans, this was our moment to make a name for ourselves that when laminated and plastered on a row of seats would make people honored to be around us. But all those rehearsals, I couldn’t help but think of how much easier it would be if Charlie’s name was spelt across a big white label signifying her presence for one of the biggest nights of our life to date, but yet again I’d have to go on without her when all I wanted was for her to be here.

CHARLIE

DAY 38: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA (8:00 AM)

I was here! Jet lag literally had nothing on me because I was more excited to see Harry today than I have ever been excited for anything in my entire life. We had secretly left the airport unseen and all the girls were on the phone with their member to let them know we landed safe. Everyone but me, of course. In this moment it felt so bittersweet, because all I wanted to do was call him and tell him everything will be worth it in the matter of hours, but I knew the moment his eyes find mine tonight, everything would be as sweet as it gets.

As I sat alone with my thoughts with my head pressed against the cool glass of the window, taking in the beauty that looked as though it had come alive from my dashboard, palm trees and blue skies and all, when suddenly my phone buzzed and my hands fidgeted like a spaz. Harry and I had this way of always surfing on the same brainwaves; we were so in sync with each other that I feared that he somehow knew that I was here. Paranoia stuck when the screen glowed with the letters of his name.

“Harry: good afternoon for you babe!”

I smiled down at it, little did he know I wasn’t in four o’clock London waiting to stay up all night to see him on the tele, but I was in 8AM sunny California and readier than ever to see him face to face.

“Charlie: Big day H!”

I was bursting at the seams but I had hours until I’d see him. I smiled to myself shaking my head as my feet tapped anxiously awaiting him, if I could wait thirty seven days I could certainly wait a couple of hours, but there was something about the way the blue sky met the ocean that made me think of his eyes and how badly I needed them in mine.

“Harry: biggest day, i wish you were here..x”

Butterflies fluttered in my stomach, it was such a beautiful feeling to be mutually wanted by someone, to know that he wanted me to be here as much as I wanted to be, his words only solidified how important tonight will be for the two of us.