chapter 15

CHARLIE

I stopped in my tracks waiting for Harry to catch up with me, and when he finally did he grabbed my hand, causing a shock of electricity to shoot up my entire arm and fill my body with an excessive amount of love. Nothing in the world have ever felt more right then the way his hand fit perfectly in mine, he truly was my lost puzzle piece, and finding him made me feel complete. I was an eighteen-year-old girl with no family or home, but when I was with Harry, he was all the family I needed; I was at home with him. I smiled up at him, lost in my own realizations as we made our way through the crowd to our group of friends. All of them looked at our joined hands smiling – they didn’t even have to ask; the love and happiness was written all over our faces. Finally we knew everything we had spent weeks wondering about, finally we were together.

“This next song goes out to a pair of good friends of mine, I hope this is finally your start of something new” Ed said into the microphone before he strummed the familiar tune, his perfect voice telling the start of our fairytale together.  

This is the start of something beautiful

This is the start of something new

You are the one that will make me lose it all

You are the start of something new

 Harry looked down at me right on queue and squeezed my hand. I stood up on my tippy toes and planted a firm kiss straight on his lips. Something felt different about hearing this song this time around – it all felt more real. The words that three months ago had me hoping it was the start were now the same words telling me this was the start of something new. For the first time in a while, I was happy.

HARRY

Charlie may have come with Niall, but just like I had promised her those many months ago here we were hand and hand watching Ed together. Swaying to the music, taking in the lyrics, with my girl at my side, nothing could ruin this moment. When the lights dimmed we quickly headed out to beat the crowd. For the first time ever I didn’t have a care in the world that paparazzi were attacking me flashes and questions, because I had the best accessory in the world – the love of my life, Charlie. Normally I would have protected her from the crowd, but the two of us were so happy that we were practically posing for them, laughing and smiling with each other. Suddenly, the smile was slapped straight off my face when a hand smacked across my cheek. 

“Go to hell Harry!” Emma squealed at me and the paparazzi went wild.

“Emma, what the hell are you doing?” I was astonished as I held onto my throbbing cheek with Charlie’s wrapped around mine.

“You think you can come here with me and leave with some random bitch?” she hissed, flashes erupting from every camera, a sea of light surrounding us as we drowned.

 “Her name is Charlie and she is the love of my life, there’s never been anything between you and me Emma, I’m sorry.” I said making my way to our van as it pulled around to the front for us.

“You’ll regret this Harry Styles!” she screamed as we slammed the van door and drove away.

 CHARLIE

Well this was awkward. Paparazzi photographed me coming with Niall and leaving with Harry, and now everyone knew he had come with somebody else too. I couldn’t even imagine how bad they would make this look. But at the same time, how could I even mind? I had waited for so long to be happy – to be with Harry – nothing and no one could ruin that. I looked up at him, noticing his closed eyes and how distraught he was and squeezed his hand encouragingly. He looked down and me and forced out a small smile.