Rehab.

(Charlie's POV)

Demi left the room and I stared at Caroline one of the directors at Timberline Knolls. She smiled at me widely her green/blue eyes staring into my hazel ones. "Well Charlie I'll let you get settled in for now, but tomorrow we have some things to do. If you have any problems just come find me." Caroline held her hand out and I shook it. As she left I turned to face the empty bed in front of me.

I got all the sheets, blankets, pillows, and the teddy bear Cher gave me when I was in the hospital the first time on the bed.  I then placed a few books on the shelf above the bed such as but not limited to The Perks Of Being A Wallflower, The Fault In Our Stars, To Kill A Mockingbird, Peter Pan, and Staying Strong 365 Days A Year, by none other then my mother.  I put all the clothes I brought with me in dresser drawers then sat on the bed.

I looked around the room just thinking what Demi could be doing right now, or where she went. The door opened and I looked over to see a Hispanic girl with long black hair, dark brown eyes, and red fingernails. She looked at me, waved shyly, then sat on what I assumed was her bed. This must be my roommate.

After a while of uncomfortable silence I broke the ice. "Hi, I'm Charlie. I'm 15."

"I'm Brooke, I'm 19." Brooke pressed her lips together. "So what are you in here for?"

"Aren't you not supposed to ask that?" I wondered.

"This isn't prison Charlie, you can ask that." Brooke laughed. "I'm here for drug abuse, but I am 6 months clean and I'm doing a lot better here." 

"I'm here for..." I trailed off. She was open about her problem with my why couldn't I be open about mine with her? I didn't know her though, she wasn't a friend, she wasn't family, she wasn't Demi. "I'm sorry I just can't yet." 

"That's okay, when you're ready you can let me know, I'm your roommate now so I'll be here for you when you need me." Brooke told me. There was a knock on the door "Come in!" Brooke called.

Caroline, the director came in and smiled at us "Charlie, I see you're getting settled in nicely, and that you've met your roommate Brooke. Well ladies it is time for dinner so if you wouldn't mind coming out to the cafeteria for our evening meal, Brooke please let Charlie eat with you and your friends tonight, we don't want her being alone." 

We got up and Brooke lead me down the hall, I was nervous about my first meal at Timberline Knolls, because first of all, it would be my first meal in four days (if you count a side salad as a meal) and secondly because who knows how fattening this could be. Once we reached the cafeteria we got in line and Brooke grabbed two trays, passing one to me. "Eat anything but the macaroni salad." Brooke advised. I nodded and looked around at the meal options. I grabbed a water bottle and a Cesar salad, placing them on the tray, when we got to the cashier all we had to do was tell them our name and they punched it in then let us go. The meals must be included with the payment for treatment, and the punching in of names must be to make sure you actually eat. 

I sat down with a group of three girls, there was Brooke my roommate, Julia who has ginger hair and blue eyes, and Jade a dark skinned girl with brown/black braids all through-out her head. "So Charlie, why are you here?"

"Well, I have some personal problems and my mom decided I need to get the fixed." I explained. "I mean, I guess she's right, and it can't hurt to try rehab." I explained. 

"My bet is on anorexia." Julia said. I stared at her with wide eyes and my heart pounded. "You're extremely skinny, you only got a salad and a water, and you don't want to talk about it, so it's either anorexia, bulimia, or both."