Long Live.

(Demi's POV)

I stood on the stage and thought about all the things that had put me here. How Charlie is going through all of those things, and ao much more, and I am not even making an impact on her. She is still skipping meals, I see her throwing away lots of her food, and there are new lines on her wrist so often it hurts. What if some of those lines are because of me? Could I be doing something to make her want to continue? I wish she would just talk to me! It's not like I don't know what she's going through... Or do I?
The screams of the crowd brought me back and I put on another smile "You guys have been such an amazing crowd!" I spoke into the mic. "I want to give you guys an extra surprise."
The crowd roared to life with screams as the fans grew excited for my surprise, not only for them, but for a special kid backstage. "Perrie, Lauren can you guys bring her out?" I said to side stage,  and soon Perrie and Lauren came out with a very confused looking Charlie. "Thanks girls!" I pulled Charlie into a tight hug, she looked at me expecting an answer, and then out to the crowd scared and nervous.

A stage hand came over with a mic for her. "Demi, what's going on?" She asked.

I smiled at her then stared at the audience "Well as you all know, Charlie hadn't had the best upbringing. She has gone and is still going through some stuff in her life I would never wish on anyone, and Charlie I want to dedicate this next song to you." As I leaned in to kiss Charlie's cheek I whispered in her ear "Sing along if you know the words."

"It's probably what's best for you
I only want the best for you
And if I'm not the best then you're stuck"
I pulled Charlie into a hug, because she is in fact stuck with me, whether I'm best for her or not.
"I tried to sever ties and I ended up with wounds to bind
Like you're pouring salt in my cuts

And I just ran out of band-aids
I don't even know where to start
'Cause you can bandage the damage
You never really can fix a heart"
Charlie started singing along in the mic, I could see her getting more comfortable on stage and I smiled, she grabbed my hand for support and the crowd loved it!
"Even though I know what's wrong
How could I be so sure
If you never say what you feel, feel
I must have held your hand so tight
You didn't have the will to fight
I guess you needed more time to heal

Baby, I just ran out of band-aids
I don't even know where to start
'Cause you can bandage the damage
You never really can fix a heart

Ooh, ooh
Whoa, whoa
Yeah
Ooh, ooh
Whoa, whoa
Whoa, whoa
Oh, oh
Yeah

You must be a miracle worker
Swearing up and down
You can fix what's been broken, yeah
Please don't get my hopes up
No, no, baby, tell me how could you be so cruel?

It's like you're pouring salt on my cuts

Baby, I just ran out of band-aids
I don't even know where to start
'Cause you can bandage the damage
You never really can fix a heart

Baby, I just ran out of band-aids
I don't even know where to start
'Cause you can bandage the damage
You never really can fix a heart
Oh no, no, no
You never really can fix a heart
Oh no, no, no
You never really can fix a heart
Oh-oh, oh, oh-oh yeah-oh, oh, oh, oh
You never really can fix my heart"

Charlie latched on to me and I held her tightly. "I love you Charlie." I whispered. 

"I love you too." She whispered back, I looked up at the crowd and I could hear their screams and I felt so alive. I loved this feeling I get when I perform, it's what makes everything worth it. Charlie unlatched herself from me and looked back at the crowd, she held the mic up to her face and I heard a silence creep over the stands. "I would like to thank all of you, not just for being loyal and loving fans to Demi, but for giving her hope when she had none, for making her feel loved, and for giving her a reason to keep going. If it wasn't for you guys, I know I definitely wouldn't be standing here today, because if it wasn't for you guys I wouldn't have Demi" Charlie grasped my hand "Demi is like my own personal Lovatic, so I know that if I feel the way I do with just one, she must feel like a queen with millions of you guys." I felt a few tears escape my eyes and I smiled widely, I wrapped my arms around Charlie from behind and looked out at the crowd.

"ALL HAIL QUEEN DEMI!" Someone in the crowd shouted, soon they were chanting it, even Charlie joined in. "ALL HAIL QUEEN DEMI!"

I just laughed and laughed as this went on. I picked up Charlie with one arm (has she been getting lighter, or am I getting stronger?) and said into the mic "If I am the queen, the Charlie you're the princess, and my Lovatics are all our royal subjects! Long live Lovatics, and long live Lovatia!" The crowd went nuts, and I saw the square hole in the stage open up indicating it was time to end the show. I grabbed Charlie and ran, I jumped into the hole clutching Charlie as tight as possible so neither of us got hurt, and we landed on cushion. I looked at Charlie "Where did all of that come from?" I laughed.

"My bandaged heart." Charlie smiled then skipped off as I was dragged by my assistant to my dressing room.

****************************************************************************

I sat on the tour bus couch with Charlie, no TV, no music, just awkward silence filling the air. I looked at her and she looked at me but then I looked away and I heard her sigh. "Demi?" She asked, cutting the quiet.

"Yeah?"

"Are you okay?" Charlie asked worry in her voice, I looked at her confused "It's just, your little outburst today, what was that all about? What's going on?"

I pressed my lips together and took a deep breath. "Charlie, I-." I cut myself off. I looked at Charlie who was expectant and eager. "I'm sorry, I was out of line today."

"That doesn't answer my question." Charlie said.

I rolled my eyes and bit my lip. "Listen Charlie, I know that everything is hard on you, and that you are still recovering and all that kind of shit.  But when I can actually see and feel your weight loss, see you throwing away food, and see new marks on your skin, it hurts. I am your mother, I am supposed to be able to help you, and keep you safe, but I can't keep you safe from yourself. I know the damage, and the pain that comes from and with all of these things, and it kills me to know you're going through this."

Charlie just looked down at the ground not knowing what to say. "When I left this morning, it wasn't for rehearsal or for anything about the tour, Charlie I was called in to a meeting to talk about how well you're doing in my care. I had to lie to them Charlie, I had to lie to government officials, saying that you're getting better, when really I just see you getting worse. And I can't help but think that you're getting worse because of me. If you want to stay with me Charlie you're going to have to make some improvements other wise... Other wise they might take you from me and give you to the doyle's. That's why I yelled, because I am so stressed and worried. Then to see that you're gone.. I thought maybe they knew I was lying and took you from me."

Charlie looked at me wide-eyed. "Maybe I should go to therapy..." Charlie's voice trailed off. "I'm sorry I'm like this Demi."

"Charlie, you don't have to be sorry. I just want you to get better." I told her "Charlie I also want you to talk to me. Okay so from now on when you feel like you're going to break down, come find me, and talk to me, from now on you're going to eat your food, we'll keep adding portion size as we go, but we are going to beat this okay?" Charlie nodded and wrapped herself into my arms. "I love you, no matter what."

Charlie took a deep breath "I love you too mom. I really do."