Eventually.

(Charlie's POV)

I sat at the dining room table across from Demi, she was biting her bottom lip and tapping her foot so I could tell she wanted to talk. "Hey mom?" She looked up from her hamburger helper and at me. "Is there anything you want to talk about?"

Demi just shook her head and stared back at her food. "Okay what is up with you lately? You're not your usual Demi self and I don't like it."

"I just have a lot on my mind that's all." Demi lied. "Eat your food before it gets cold."

I stared at the bowl filled with calories and carbs. I tried not to gag as I thought of eating this. When it's an actual hamburger its easier to hide it in my napkin and throw away later to make it seem like I ate it all, but this gooey cheesy stuff won't be as easy. "I'd rather you told me what was going on."

"Not everything is your business Charlie!" Demi snapped. I looked up at her half shocked, half relieved she was actually communicating with emotion and mostly hurt. Demi picked up her bowl and stood "I'm eating in my room."

As Demi stormed out of the room I returned to my bowl of fat. I had already eaten half of it while Demi stared at me so I'm sure that should be enough food to last me another week. I picked up the bowl and put it all down the drain, turned on the garbage disposal and let all of the food become pulp. I left the dish in the sink and quickly ran up to my room where I lay on the bed staring at the ceiling fan hoping to drown the voices out.

"You're never gonna be good enough for Demi to completely love you. You heard her snap at you, she's so annoyed with you. Demi's an actress who knows how much of her love and admiration is just a publicity stunt. Demi Lovato takes in poor helpless girl and gives her a better life. Like Drew said, he's seen you all over the web and in magazines."

I tried to ignore the demons in my head but they talk so loud, they're voices filled my ears and drowned me.

"Speaking of Drew, I bet he and Daniel haven't even been dating as long as they say. It's a cover up because as soon as Daniel saw your face he turned to boys, and only kept you around because of Demi. That's the only reason anyone keeps you around.

Demi won't love you when she see's how fat you're getting. That bowl of calories you just put in your body will just add to your thunder thighs. I'm sure that new heart of yours is adding weight to you, wonder what fat-ass died and gave you his heart because all the pounds certainly came with it."

I finally gave in and crawled off the bed and into the bathroom, I got on my knees in front of the toilet and stuck two fingers down my throat, hoping that the meal hadn't digested too much. I felt it all come back up. I knew that if I didn't eat something I would pass out then Demi would find out, but I'm sure if I eat a small tiny salad or something I should be set for a while. Let's just hope when I do eat that salad I'll keep it down, salads are healthy right? So how bad can it be?

Once I was done purging I found my blade that was taped discreetly to the roof of the cabinet underneath the sink. I realized that if I was going to hide this from Demi then I'd need to stop using my wrists. Since no one, ever, ever sees me in less than shorts and a tank top or even a one piece bathing suit, I found my hips were perfect for new etchings. For new shame filled lines that told the story of my emptiness and the dialogue of my demons.

Just as I was going to bring the metal to my body I heard my bedroom door open "Charlie?"

Dammit. I quickly stuck the blade back to its hiding spot and said "Just a second!" To make it seem like I was going to the bathroom I flushed the toilet then took time to wash my hands before leaving the locked bathroom. "Hey Demi what's up? Wanna yell at me again?" I asked sarcastically but the pain in Demi's face when I said that was too real.