Conceal, Don't Feel.

Demi's POV

"Charlie?" I asked walking into her bedroom. Charlie popped her head out of the bathroom door and I handed her a long-sleeved ACDC shirt with yoga shorts. "My girlfriend Selena left these when she spent the night, you should be able to fit into these, and I know she won't mind." I told her, she raised her eyes and giggled a bit. "Not girlfriend I mean like a best friend who is a girl." I flicked her forehead.

"Oh." Charlie laughed. "Thanks Demi." Charlie closed the bathroom door to get changed and I sat on her bed. When Charlie came out she climbed into the bed next to me and smiled a little. 

"Hey, come here." I said pulling her into a hug, I grabbed my phone out and put it on front facing camera. "Take a selfie with me." I told her. 

"A what?" Charlie looked at me perplexed. 

"A selfie! A picture of ourselves, that we take ourselves!" I explained. God this kid was out of the loop, I can't imagine how her mother could hurt her, I mean setting boundaries on technology I understand, but taking it all away? Disciplining your child, but beating them black and blue? Spending a bit for yourself, but taking away their food so you can have drugs? I knew there was more, but I wasn't going to push Charlie to telling me tonight. She just got here and I want her to trust and love me. I held my phone in front of us and she and I smiled, then did a few funny pics. I went on Muzy and made a small collage of us then posted it on Twitter saying: Me and my sister <3 so glad we found each other, so glad to have her in my home <3 #SistersFromTheSameMister. As soon as it went out I got so many responses, most saying things encouraging and loving, others saying things like 'really Demi? Another sister!?' then the others saying rude horrible things I just ignored.

"Okay so, do you really expect me to go to bed now? It's 6:30." Charlie pointed out.

"Oh! No! I thought you and I could watch a movie and eat dinner on the couch in our PJ's." I told her. 

"Oh, well I had a really big lunch, so I'm not that hungry. But I'll still watch a movie." Charlie said.

"Oh really?" I asked. "What did you have for lunch?" Charlie opened her mouth to say something but said nothing. "Exactly. Charlie I know what you're doing. You need to eat baby girl, you're too thin as it is. And don't think for a second I didn't notice the scars on your wrist, and the new ones you just added." Charlie looked down and I could see tears forming in her eyes.

"I guess you'll want to take me back now that you know I'm a freak. Might as well tell them to put me in foster care before you find out about eveything else." Charlie looked like she regretted her last sentence.

"What else is there?" I spat out. I pulled Charlie close to me and held her tightly. "Charlie what's wrong?" Charlie shook her head and tried to squirm out but I held my ground, and my sister. "Charlie tell me." Charlie broke down crying into my shoulder.

"She just let them do what they wanted! She didn't even care! I'm her daughter, she is supposed to protect me, but all she cares about is her fucking drugs and booze." Charlie screamed. "She needed extra money for more crack, she lets them fondle me, she needed more heroin she let them rape me, she wanted more weed and she'd let them beat me. She wasn't supposed to let those things happen, let alone silicate them. She just cared about herself..." My heart broke as I realized what she was saying. Tears escaped my eyes and I could feel my motherly instincts kick in and want to kill this woman. "So go ahead take me back to the social workers Demi, everyone leaves me sooner or later, might as well be now. I hate you anyways. I hate that you make me feel something I have never felt before. I hate that you have pretty much taken a wrecking ball to the wall I worked so damn hard to build over the years. I hate myself for letting you get so close within a matter of minutes." Charlie wiped tears off her face. "I just want to go."