Say Something.

I squeezed in the smelly box Sandra forced me in when I misbehaved. It was moldy, moist, and had a few nails poking out. Home sweet home right? Luckily Sandra didn't check my bag and since it was small enough to fit in with me she let me keep it. I pulled my IPod out and put headphones in my ears. The playlist Demi had made me turned on and I heard the beginning of one of her songs started playing. "Our love runs deep like a Chevy, if you fall I'll fall with you baby. Cause that's the way we like to do it, that's the way we like.."  I turned the music down so the sound wouldn't echo out. I was about to put the IPod in my pocket but I felt it buzz, which confused me. I looked at it and it said I had a message, and that's when I remembered Demi installed a texting app on it.

Demi: Hey Charlie, I've calmed down now, I'm in my room are you still up? If so, you wanna come in here? We can watch a movie, or play a bored game.

Me: Yeah I'm up, but I'm really tired, just gonna go to sleep. Really sorry Demi.

Demi: Don't be sorry, goodnight.

Me: Night Demi, thank you for all you've done for me. I hope the men leave you alone now.

A few minutes had passed until my IPod had buzzed again.

Demi: Just went to say goodnight to you, WHERE ARE YOU? CHARLIE YOU DID NOT GO SEE THOSE MEN DID YOU? CHARLIE PLEASE COME HOME.

Me: I'm at my old apartment, don't worry Demi. I just wanted to pick some stuff up, and I didn't want to make you drive me. I'll be back at your house before you know it. I lied.

Demi didn't text back and after a while I went back to listening to music while trying to find a comfortable position to sleep, my side hit a nail and started to bleed. I ignored it and moved over a bit while a new song started "Say something I'm giving up on you, I'll be the one if you want me to. Anywhere I would have followed you. Say something I'm giving up on you." 

As I began to doze I saw a light start to creek the door of the chest so I quickly shoved my IPod in my bag and looked alert. Sandra's smiling face showed through and she pulled me out. "Hello Charlotte! I appreciate you waiting in the box while I took care of some business. I would have let you stay in your room, but my dear friend officer Woods is staying in there." 

"Where are all of your friends?" I asked noticing all the men were gone. 

"They left, that was the business I had to take care of." Sandra said in a 'you should have known that' tone as she hit the back of my head. "But officer Woods is still here." She said with that weird tone she uses when she talks to/about the men she sells herself to. She pushed me down onto the floor and I felt her foot go into my stomach. "Why the fuck did you leave me?" She screamed.

"I thought you were dead!" I answered.

She bent down and lifted my head by my hair. "Yeah and you were pretty happy abou that huh?" She asked pulling my hair harder "Weren't you?" She screamed "WEREN'T YOU!" She slammed my head on the floor and I knew this would end bad. She pulled me up then pushed me against the wall and punched my face. "You have no respect for my feelings!" She yelled, then slammed me into the wall again. "Do you ever think about how important you are to my business? How much I need you to help me with sales?" She went on. I think that was the only time she ever told me I was important or that she needed me, but the reason was wrong. I felt anger well up inside me and I did something so stupid. I spat in her face. She threw me back to the ground, "Why'd you come here?" She asked. "I wanna know! What, are you too good for Demi? Do you think you deserve better then Demi?"