Somewhere In Neverland.

(Charlie's POV) 

I have been in the hospital for over a month. Demi comes to visit as much as she can which has been twice. I keep having panic attacks, real ones not cardiomyopathy attacks. The doctors wanted to keep me here so they can try and teach me techniques to stop a panic attack when I feel one coming on. I think that Dr. Day is just happy my body isn't rejecting my new heart or the blood that an anonymous donor gave.

It was 3 in the morning and I sat up in the bed of my hospital room watching TV. Disney was doing an oldies reruns marathon and Sonny With A Chance is on next, right now it's Wizards Of Waverly Place. Maddie sat down next to me, also on the bed, checking every now and then that she wasn't hurting me. The truth is I always hurt. But that was normal after a heart transplant. My chest hurt pretty bad, but not bad enough to get the nurse, I know pain, and this is nothing. 

"Mail call!" I heard one of the doctors say. He must know I was up, his name is Dr. Jacobs, he is a tall man with dark skin, black hair, brown eyes and a deep voice. I really like him, he's young, funny, and he sneaks me ice cream when he knows I'm upset. He walked in with a bag, I assumed filled with mail for the patience. He also had one bouquet of flowers in a pretty vase."This is for you, Charlie."

I smiled and he dropped the entire bag on my bed and handed me the flowers. I looked at Dr. Jacobs in shock, he just smiled and walked away. "Who's it all from?" Maddie asked, as shocked as I am.

I looked at the label of the flowers and the note attached read "Dear Charlie, I miss you, I really am sorry I am not there to be with you at a time as such.  I wish you the best, and I hope to see your beautiful face soon. ~Daniel Moorland." I blushed and put the flowers on the table next to me. 

My grandparents, whom I call Pop and Nona, walked in the room. Dallas and Amber had gone home, and Demi was back on tour so that left me, Maddie, Pop, and Nona in the hospital. "Charlie, who is all that from?" Nona asked.

"I- I don't know..." I replied honestly. I grabbed the bag and pulled out the first letter my fingers touched. "This one is from Taylor Marie Lauer. I don't know a Taylor Lauer." I grabbed another, and another, and another, and each one was from people I didn't know. "Who are these people?"

"Fans." Maddie smiled. "Demi's and now your fans. They're worried about you, read the letters see what they say!" 

I must have read hundreds of letters. I sorted them into piles of 16 death threats/go kill yourself notes, 23 papers of bully mail, 45 fans that just want me to get them to Demi, 73 letters of fan mail, and 185 fans that actually wanted me to get better. Some even had presents in them, like friendship bracelets or necklaces. I was so surprised and overwhelmed by all of these notes, my heart began racing and I felt the pain in my chest increase. I scrunched my face and put my hand on my chest and I heard Pop yell for a nurse. Once a nurse arrived she put an oxygen mask on my face and I started breathing better and calming down. 

"Well, don't freak out but we have good news." Nona said once the nurse finally left and we put all the letters away. "You get out today." Nona smiled at me and I smiled back. I was so excited to finally get out and go back to being on tour with my friends and my mom. I hate being here. I mean I love, absolutely love, my grandparents and aunt Maddie, but I miss my mom. Demi had her last show last night, I missed it. But she has her international tour starting soon so I get to leave the country again.

---

I sat in a wheelchair as Pop wheeled me down a hallway. I was finally out of that stupid hospital gown and in normal clothes. When I went to change I noticed a long scar on my chest from where they cut me open. Just another battle wound I gained as a warrior. That's what Demi calls me, she says with all that I've endured and done I deserve that title.