Come Together.

(Demi's POV)  

I woke up in my own bed in a cocoon of blankets. My bed. I was so happy to be back home, I love performing, and going on trips but I miss the comfort of my own house. I looked at the clock and found out that it was eight in the morning. Charlie won't be up for another hour or two.

I got the urge to do something I never do because I'm honestly not the best at it. I was going to cook breakfast. I got up and went downstairs still in the oversized Texas shirt and PJ shorts I wore to bed. When I reached the kitchen I looked around to see if there was anything I could use to make some sort of meal, when I finally found pancake mix. I followed the instructions and did everything I was supposed to do (I think) and started pouring the batter out. 

It's been half an hour and I have successfully made six pancakes! "Charlie! Breakfast, get your ass out of bed and down to the kitchen!" I yelled up the stairs, and soon Charlie came bounding down the stairs and sat down at the island in the kitchen.

"Did you order in?" Charlie asked as she fixed her DEMI sweater from the Neon Lights tour. 

"No. I made pancakes!" I smiled as I passed her three pancakes, buttered and covered in syrup. "Now do you want milk or orange juice? God it's so weird seeing my face on your chest."

"Oh cool, I'll have OJ. Do you want me to change?" Charlie asked. 

"No, no you're fine." I placed a glass of OJ in front of her and sat down next to her with my own plate and coffee. "How are you feeling today? How's your heart?" 

"I'm fine. The heart meds are working well." Charlie told me, poking around the pancakes with a fork. Finally she took a bite and looked at me surprised. "Are you sure you didn't just buy these from the store, or get them from McDonald's?"

"I made them ya little shit, now eat at least two of those okay?" I felt something scratch at my leg and I saw Anarchy jumping at my calf. "Oh and feed your dog, he's hungry." 

Charlie giggled and got up to feed Anarchy. As she did I took a glance at her plate and only two bites had been taken out. I took a deep breath and figured to wait till she's done to see how much she eats. I ate my own food in silence as Charlie came back and did the same.

Charlie finished before I did and went to throw away the pancake and a half left on her plate. It was a bit more than a half so I let it slide, but her face when she opened the garbage can confused me. "What?" I asked before I put the last piece of pancake in my mouth.

"Demi, how many pancakes did you burn?" Charlie asked in an exasperated tone.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I started laughing hysterically as I thought of the burned pancakes that were never eaten. I got up to do the dishes, then I heard a loud scream and dropped a plate, and I watched it as it shattered all over the hardwood flooring. "Charlie! Why the fuck are you screaming?" I yelled.

"Daniel just asked me on a date!" Charlie screamed as she jumped up and down. I was happy for her but at the same time I wanted to smack her, she made me break a plate. A good plate too!

"Charlie sweetie calm down, your heart, calm down." I told her as I went to get a broom. "What are you going to do?" I asked.

"He asked if I wanted to hang out at the mall, that counts as a date right?" Charlie suddenly looked worried. "Oh no, what if it isn't a date, then you broke that plate for nothing."

"The damn plate already is broken for nothing, date or no date. Just treat it like a casual hang out, but if he tries to hold your hand or flirts a lot then it's probably a date, just go with the flow, chill, stay calm, and if anything happens call me right away. When are you going?"