On the hunt

Sorry I didn't update but I was at church camp but here ya go. Hope you like it and thanks for all the reads and feedback. I don't own The Outsiders or characters.

~~~~

Shelby's POV

(Later that night)

We were all still at the Curtis house watching movies.

"Let's go outside and talk." Steve whispered in my ear.

"Ok." I said and stood up. We walked on the porch and leaned against the railing.

"You scared me to death." He said.

"I'm sorry."

"Oh honey don't be sorry. I'm just glad you're okay." He kissed my forehead.

"Me to. In my mind I was ready to die, to save Greg, but when it happened all I could think was I don't want to die, I'm not ready to go. I remember the last thing I saw was you in rear-view mirror waving at me and thinking how happy I was that you were the last thing I saw."

"Next time someone threatens you or one of us please please tell me. I don't want to feel the pain of losing you again."

"I promise." I told him. He hugged me. I put my head in the crook of his neck and his head was on my shoulder.

"I almost lost you baby." He whispered. I could've swore he sniffled. He did. I felt a few tears on my shirt.

"Please don't cry. I'm here now and I'm not leaving you like that." I said starting to cry.

"I'm sorry." He said.

"Don't be sorry. It's ok to cry." So we did cry. Silently....but we did.

(The next day)

"Shelby wake up. We're goin to Stilwell today." Greg shook me.

"I'm up I'm up." I said drowsily. I stood up and put on my short sleeve shirt that tied in the front, my jean shorts, and my boots. This is how I usually dress. I went downstairs and Darry was cooking.

"Darry why are you here cookin when we could've came to your house?" I asked.

"I promised you I'd cook you your favorite." He smiled sitting a plate down in front of me. My eyes lit up.

"Thank you Darry!!" I chowed down.

We finished eating and we left. When we got there we went to my house first. I walked on in.

"Knock knock." I said. Layne, Landon, Trecia, Shandon, grandpa, and Aspyn were there.

"Shelby!!" Layne, Landon, and Aspyn yelled running to me.

"Hey guys." I hugged them.

"Hey sweetie." Trecia said hugging me. I hugged her back.

"Hey girlie." Shandon hugged me.

"Hi miss priss." My grandpa said hugging me.

"Hey yall." I told them

"We didn't know you were in the hospital till this mornin or we would've came." Trecia told me.

"It's fine. I'm all better now." I assured them. We caught up for awhile.

"Hey Soda." I said.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"Didn't you have a horse named Mickey Mouse you kept at Buck's stables?"

"Yeah. Who told you?"

"Steve." I said. Soda glared at him. "Anyways, we buy horses from him sometimes and one horse particular he made us promise to take extra care of him and to call him Mickey." When I said that his eyes lit up.