It's Now or Never

7 thousands reads!!!! Thanks everyone so much!! Please keep reading!! I don't own The Outsiders or characters.

~~

Steve's POV
I woke up before Shelby. I didn't hear anyone else outside the tent. I stared at Shelby. Studying her. Everything about her. So I can remember everything when she's gone. Gone. It's July 4th. One more day. That's all I have with her. I won't see her for at least a few weeks. Maybe months. That's gonna be the worst few weeks or months of my life.Not knowing if she's ok. She could be hurt. I know Greg will be with her but it's not the same. But she's taking double classes so instead of eight years of school it's just four years. That's one positive way to look at it. Maybe the DX will be a success and I can stay in Oklahoma City with her for awhile. There's another positive thing. When she becomes a doctor she'll have a better future, I might get free check ups, and everyone loves a girl in a doctors uniform. More positive things. But there's still negative things. I'll miss her like crazy, I can't talk to her whenever I want (which is all the time), I can't work with her, I can't hold her hand, I won't be able to see her beautiful face, I can't protect her like I said I would, I can't show her off, I can't make other guys jealous (mainly socs), we can't annoy Soda with are PDA at work, and worst of all she could breakup with me for a better guy! I still don't understand why she agreed to go out with me in the first place. I'm pretty sure the cons out weigh the pros at this point. She started squirming. She stretched her arms and yawned.
"Good morning sunshine."
"Morning Stevie."
"Sleep good?"
"Yeah. Cause you were beside me. How 'bout you?"
"Yeah. Cause you were beside me." I smiled and kissed her. She instantly kissed me back. We broke apart when we heard people outside.
"I love you Stevie."
"I love you more."
"I love you most."
"Come on love birds!! I got enough of yall last night. You guys even shook my tent." Soda yelled opening up the tent.
"A little privacy. And we didn't shake nothing. Are ya tryin to get me killed?! Greg's out there!!" I told him.
"I don't want him to kill ya but it'd be funnier than hell if he kicked your ass." Soda chuckled.
"Lay off or I'll kick yours." I threw a pillow at him.
"Ow!! I'm telling on you!!" He left the tent. Shelby started laughing. I crawled on top of her.
"I love your laugh."
"Really? I have an annoying laugh."
"No you don't. You have an adorable laugh."
"No I don't."
"Yes you do." I started tickling her.
"Steve stop!! Stop!!" She tried to yell but was laughing to hard. She bucked around trying to get away from me.

Soda's POV
"Ow!! I'm telling on you!!" I joked. Then I got an idea. I smirked and walked towards Greg.
"Hey Greg."
"What?"
"I went to got wake up the two love birds and I heard them talkin all mushy so I told them to stop and Steve threw a pillow at me so I walked off, ya know to give a few more minutes of privacy. But when I walked off I heard them doin some stuff that didn't sound natural. Just thought I'd let you know. I didn't wanna walk in and see anything. I'd be scarred for life."
"Thanks Soda. I'll be right back." He walked towards the tent and I had a devious smile on my face.
"There's ya some privacy Stevie." I whispered.

Greg's POV
After hearing what Soda told me I thought I'd go check it out. Even though it's probably nothing, but you never know. I got by the door of the tent and listened.
"Steve stop!! Stop!!" Shelby yelled. And it sounded like she was struggling. OH HELL NO!!!! I barged into the tent and grabbed Steve off her and dragged him out of the tent.
"What do you have to say for yourself Randle." I growled.
"Greg calm down....uh...I meant...uh...um...it's not what it looks like...I'd never...um..do that to here." He stuttered.
"Bullshit!" I punched him in the jaw, but not to hard cause Shelby might throw me in the lake.
"Gregery Allen Benham!!! What do you think you're doin with him!?!?!" I heard Shelby yell from behind me.
"Shit." I mumbled under my breath. I literally dropped Steve and turned around slowly. She had her mad face on, eyebrows furrowed and an evil smirk on her face, she had one hand on her hip and the other one down and I swear she was turning red with steam coming out of her ears. Needless to say she was pissed.....at me.
"He was forcing you to.." She cut me off.
"He wasn't doing anything!! He was honestly tickling to make me laugh!!!! He's MY boyfriend!!!! Only I can punch him!!!!!" She yelled exaggerating the my and I.
"He should've said so." I defended.
"He was trying to but you punched him in the jaw before he could say anything!!!!!" She's got a point. While all this was happening Soda was laughing his butt off. I have a feeling he had something to do with this. Oh well, no harm done.
"I'm sorry Shelby." I hate saying sorry. But since it's her it doesn't bother me as much.
"Don't say it to me."
"Then to how?"
"Try the one you punched in the jaw for no reason and is still on the ground."
"Oh right....do I have to?" I begged.
"Greg."
"Ok fine...I'm...I'm....ugh....I'm sorry."
"Who are sorry to?" Shelby asked.
"Ugh..I'm sorry Steve."
"For?" Shelby said sarcastically.
"I'm sorry Steve for punching you in the jaw for no reason but remember I was holding back cause Shelby was here so think of what I'd do if I really had a reason and she wasn't here. There I said it. Are you happy now?" I asked her. She shrugged. Then realization hit her. She ran to Steve.
"Oh baby are you ok?"
"Yeah. I was stayin on the ground cause I thought he was gonna hit me again."
"Hh." I said. I mean that ain't the reason he's still on the ground. I'm surprised he can talk. Shelby gave me the "If you don't shut up I'm gonna kill you right now. You're already on my hit list anyway" look. Man I'm in trouble. I have a feeling I'll be hearing about this all the way to Oklahoma City. She helped Steve up.
"Anyways, Happy 4th of July." Darry said trying to lighten the mood.