Meeting the gang

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't updated. Hope you like this chapter and let me know what you think. Thanks!!

Shelby's POV
As we drove to North Tulsa all I could think about was Steve. I already miss him. I was snapped back to Greg's voice "You just met him and you already have a date with him Friday. Really Shelby?" "Yeah, at 4. Do you mind to drop me off at the DX?" I asked. " I don't mind. I can get to now him better." Greg smirked. "Greg please don't embarrass me. I really like him." I begged. "I won't. I just don't want anyone hurtin my baby girl."
"No ones goin to hurt me. You now how tough I am. At rumbles I hardly ever get a scratch."
"Yeah I know but still this is different. Just don't do anything stupid will ya."
"I won't, I promise. It's just gonna be a casual date."
"Leah, you be careful to." Greg told her.
"Ok, I'll try to control myself." She answered.

We drove up to the house on the right of Pony's house. We walked in and was greeted by an older lady with big glasses, to much blue eyeshadow, so much red lipstick that it was on the front of her teeth, and big gray bushy hair. "Hello, I'm Yolanda and I am in charge if sellin the two houses."
"Hi, I'm Shelby and we are interested in buying both houses. How much are they?"
"Well, for both houses you can pay $150 a month for 12 months." Yolanda answered.
"Ok, how many rooms are there?" Greg asked.
"There's four in this one and three in the other one." She told us.
"Great, I'll stay her with the girls." Greg smirked at me. Great, Greg stayin with me. Now I really can't have any fun.
"So you're taking them." The lady questioned us. We all looked at each other and shrugged.
"We'll take 'em." I said shaking her hand

"Ok, me, Leah, and Sky in the biggest room, Lauren and Timber in a room, Chandra and Ash can share, and Greg can have his own." I announced.
"Ok." They answered. The house was fully furnished. All the bed rooms was up stairs with a bathroom. The kitchen, living room and other bathroom was downstairs. We went upstairs and found your rooms. Mine, Leah's, and Skylar's was painted a tan color with three beds, a huge closet, a desk, three night stands, a big purple and pink rug, a lava lamp on each nightstand, and a small TV.
"Wow!" We said in unison. It wasn't real fancy but it was more than we've ever had bein greasers and all.

We went back downstairs and set around. "I'm bored, let's go outside and play football or somethin." I said.
"I'm in." Leah said. We all went out and played football. Me, Leah, Ashley, Nate, Blake, and Sky were on a team. Greg, Thomas, Hunter, Timber, Chandra, and Lauren were on a team. Me and Greg were captain since we're the best two but Greg is better than me. I use to practice football with the boys at school but I couldn't play in the games cause I'm a girl. Needless to say but I'm the coach's favorite cause I play and am good at all sports.

We played for about a hour when seven guys walked out. I recognized Steve, Soda, Johnny, Dally, and Pony but not the other two.
" Hey guys." I greeted them.
"Hey this is my older brother Darry and our friend Two-Bit." Pony answered.
"Hey I'm Shelby." I told them.
"Oh we know who you are babe. Steve hasn't shut up about you since he came back from work." Two-Bit laughed. I really blushed.
"Well hey pretty lady." Two-Bit gestured towards Timber.
"Hi, I'm Timber." After that they kept staring at each other. Darry and Lauren where lookin at each other to.
"I'm Lauren." She finally said. Shaking his hand.
"Nice to meet you, my names Darrel but you can call me Darry." He answered. It's official this mysterious but yet hot gang had us all love struck. They're all hot but Steve is a million times better lookin.
"Why don't yall come eat with us at the Dingo?" Soda asked eagerly.
"Yeah, let's go guys! I'm so bored." I said eagerly.
"Ok." They said
"I guess I should introduce the rest of us." I said.
"Just the boys besides Greg. We've heard all about yall from them. Especially you Shelby, I've never seen Steve like this." Two -Bit joked. I blushed again and this time Steve saw me and I'm pretty sure he blushed to.
"Well this is Nate, Hunter, Thomas, and my other cousin Blake."
"Ok we're not strangers any more so let's go I'm starvin." Two-Bit said.
"You're always hungry Two." Dally said. With that we all laughed and walked to the Dingo.

We set at a big table. On one side it was Greg, then me, Steve, Leah, Soda, Timber, Two-Bit, Darry, and Lauren. The other side had Pony, then Ashley, Johnny, Chandra, Dallas, Sky, Blake, Thomas, Nate. On one end was Hunter. We all had cheeseburgers and curly fries and for dessert we had ice cream. We all talked and laughed and had a good time. Me and Steve held hands under the table. I looked around and saw Leah and Soda, Tim and Two-Bit, Darry and Lauren, Pony and Ash, Dal and Sky, and Johnny and Chans holdin hands to. They all look so cute together.

We all walked home. I stood besides Steve with Greg on the other side, of course. When we got home Steve asked if I wanted to go for a walk. I said yes. We walked holding hands the whole time.
"Finally just us." Steve said.
"Yeah, with no Greg."
"Greg's fine Shelby. If I had something like you I wouldn't want anyone to hurt you either." He's so sweet!
"Where are we goin anyway?"
"To the park."
"Ok"
"I know it's weird and I just met you this morning but I really missed you today."
"It's not weird, I missed you to."
"Really?!" He asked surprised and excited.
"Yeah."
"Can I ask you somethin? He said making me kinda nervous.
"Yeah, anything."
"Why me? You could of had anyone else but you chose me. Soda would of had you to he said. Same with Dally, Johnny, and Ponyboy." He questioned me. I didn't know what to say so I said the first thing that came to mind...
"I don't know." Smooth Shelby,"You're different, I liked you from the start."
"Really?!" He said with a smile.
"Yeah, really."
"So you wouldn't mind if I did this?"
"Did wha.." I was cut off by his lips on mine. He had his hands around my waist. I kissed him back and put my hands around his neck. We made out I swear for 15 minutes. Then, he pulled back sayin " I better take you home before Greg comes and kills me." I kinda chuckled and said "Good point." We started walking home but I stopped him and kissed him again and said "I don't mind if you do that."

He walked me home and told me goodnight.
" See ya tomorrow." I said.
"Can't wait." He answered. He squeezed my hand and left. I stood there and watched him till I couldn't see him. He lived across the street so I could see him till he walked in his door.

I walked inside the house and Greg looks up and says "You've been gone a hour with him Shelby."
"I'm sorry Greg I lost track of time. We walked to the park and started talkin." I said leaving out the kissing part.
"I trust you so go on to bed it's getting late." I'm do glad Greg trusts me.
"Ok. Night Greg." I said.
"Night."

I walked up to my room and shut the door. I fell on my bed and was apparently smiling from ear to ear cause Leah said "What happened."
"Just the best thing ever."
"You didn't go all the way did ya." Skylar asked concerned.
"No! We just kissed." I said.
"Oh, thank goodness. Greg would of killed him." Leah said.
"Yeah, I know." I mumbled. "I'm tired yall, goodnight."
'Goodnight." They said in unison.
As I fell asleep I just smiled and thought about the best night ever. I can't wait till tomorrow!!!

Steve's POV
I was heading home from work with Soda and I couldn't stop thinkin about Shelby. Soda must've noticed cause he turned to me asked "What's going through that hard head of yours?"
I just shook my head sayin "That girl has me head over heels."
"Aw,my Stevie's in love."
"Yeah yeah. Just don't say anything yet ok."
"Sure buddy whatever you say."
The rest of the walk home was quite.

When I walked into the Curtis house the whole gang was there. I guess Soda couldn't control his self cause he announced very loudly "My little Stevie's in love!"
"Thanks pal. Didn't I say not to say anything."
"I didn't hear you." With that I tackled him to the ground laughing.
"Soda, Dally, Johnny, and Pony are to." I said.
"Thanks Steve." They said.
"Anytime guys." I laughed.
"So uh who are these girls. Do they have two friends for me and Darry." Two said
"Her names Shelby. And yes the have two other friends."
"Mines Ashley." Pony said
"Chandra." Johnny announced.
"Leah." Soda told us.
"The broads name is Skylar." Dally smirked.
"Shelby's prettier though." I mumbled. To my surprise they all nodded in agreement.
"She is Steve ." They all said.
"Let me tell yall about Greg though." I said. With that Pony, Johnny, Soda, and Dal just laughed.

We went outside to find Shelby's gang playin football. Dang Shelby sure is good for a girl. They saw us and walked towards us.
"Hey guys." She said. With that I zoned out. Then I heard Two say "Oh we know who you babe. Steve hasn't shut up about you since he came back from work." I wanted to punch him but Shelby blushed so it's all good. Except for Greg he stared at me all pissed off and slid his finger like a blade in front of his throat. I got what he meant real quick. Soda elbowed me smiling. He thinks it's hilarious but I don't.
"Why don't yall come eat with us at the Dingo?" Soda asked.
"Yeah, let's go guys. I'm so bored." Shelby answered. I blocked every body out and stared at Shelby. The next thing I knew there's was food in front of me and I was holding Shelby's hand. I think Two-bit and Darry hit it off good with Lauren and Timber.

We walked home and I stood besides Shelby. I asked her to go for a walk with me . She said yes. Greg stood in the door and did the finger throat thing again. I got the point. I held her hand on the way to the park.
"Finally just us." I said.
"Yeah with no Greg."
"Greg's fine Shelby. If I had something like you I wouldn't want anyone to hurt you either."
"Where are we goin anyway?" She said. I love her cute country accent.
"To the park."
"Ok."
"I know it weird and I just met you this morning but I really missed you today." I could tell she blushed.
"It's not weird, I missed you to." She said. Yes, she missed me!
"Really?!" I asked a little to giddy.
"Yeah." I had to know why she said yes to me so I just asked.
"Can I ask you somethin?"
"Yeah, anything."
"Why me? You could of had anyone else but you chose me. Soda would of had you to he said. Same with Dally, Johnny, and Ponyboy."
She looked kinda dumbfounded then she answered "I don't know. You're different, I liked you from the start."
"Really?!" I said smiling like a loon.
"Yeah, really."
"So you wouldn't mind if I did this?"
"Did wha.." She said but I cut her off with a kiss. She seemed surprised but she kissed me back. I put my hands around her waist and she put hers around my neck. I wanted to stay here forever but then I thought about Greg.
"I better take you home before Greg comes and kills me."
"Good point."
The walk home was quite but Shelby stop. I turned to her and she grabbed my neck kissed me. She pulled away and said "I don't mind if you do that." I smiled.

I walked her to her door and told her goodnight.
"See ya tomorrow." She said.
"Can't wait." I squeezed her hand and walked home.

I walked inside to find my dad home drunk. Great. At least I'll have some extra cash for tomorrow.
"Where in the hell have you been boy?" He slurred.
" I was out with the gang."
"Next time let me know where you're going and when you'll be back." He yelled. I clenched my fist. I couldn't hit him I wanted to but when I go to I can't .
"Yes sir." He stood up and said "So you don't forget." He slurred as he punched me on the left check knocking me against the wall. He hit me a few more times. Then, he did something he's never done before. He took out a blade and put it on my cheek, right by my right eye. He cut me from my eye to the middle of my cheek. I tried not to cry or scream but it was hard.
"Now get your ass to bed and don't make a sound."
"Yes sir."
" And don't forget what I just taught you."
"Yes sir." I went to my bed room and got out my first-aid kit, I kept their for when he beat me. I cleaned up my cut and fell asleep. Maybe I'll get extra money for this. I fell asleep thinking about Shelby. Even though this happened, it was still the best night ever. I'd go through it all again.

Hey thanks for reading. I have 19 reads! Can I get a few favorites and comments please. I don't own The Outsiders or the characters, just the ones I made up.