The past

Hi everyone!! Hope you like this chapter. I used Eric Church's song The Outsiders for inspiration so all rights to him. I don't own The Outsiders or the characters just the ones I made up.

Shelby's POV
I woke up in Steve's arms. Darry must of been cooking cause I smelled food. I tried to wiggle out of Steve's arms to help Darry but it was no use he had a death grip on me. I just laid their and enjoyed the moment but I felt bad that Darry had to cook by himself. So I started moving my hips against Steve's. I saw a smile on his face.
"Babe I need to help Darry."
"But I need you more." He pleaded.
"Fine." We laid there for awhile but then Steve sighed "Why'd you stop movin baby."
"I just did that that to wake you up."
"But I'm still not fully awake."
I kissed him "Save it for later ok."
"Later huh."
"Yeah there has to be a later."
"And a forever."
I looked up and smiled at him "Forever huh."
"Yeah we have to be forever."
"Time to eat!" Darry yelled hitting a frying pan with a big metal spoon making everyone groan.
Lauren walked up to him and kissed him "Good morning Dar."
"Good morning sunshine."

We all got finished eating and doing our dishes and went in the living room.
"Last night Greg said something about what all Shelby's been through so I just want to know who are you guys and what has she been through?" Steve questioned.
"Well Steve we are greasers but even the other greasers don't like us so we are known as the outsiders. We are lower than greasers but we're better than the greasers and socs at home." I explained.
"They're the in crowd, we're the other ones. It's a different kind of cloth that we're cut from. We let our colors show, where the numbers ain't. With the paint where there ain't suppose to be paint. Yeah that's who we are, the outsiders." Nate said proudly.
"Our women get hot and our leather gets stained when we saddle up and ride 'me in the pourin rain! We're the junkyard dogs, the alley cats! We keep the wind at our front and the hell at our back!" Hunter yelled proudly.
"That's who we are. We do our talking, walk that walk. Wide open range yeah that's just how we roll!" Skylar said proudly.
"Our backs to the wall. A band of brothers together alone we're the outsiders! Yeah we're the riders and the ones burnin rubber off our tires. We're the fighters, the all nighters so light 'em up and get a little higher." Greg proudly said.
"We're the bad news. We're the young ones, the ones that they told you to run from. Yeah, a players gonna play and a haters gonna hate and a regulators born regulate." I proudly spoke up.
"When it hits the fan and it all comes down you're gonna find out just who we are." Leah proudly stated.
"THE OUTSIDERS!!!!" Me, Ash, Sky, Chans, Tim, Leah, Lauren, Blake, Hunter, Thomas, Greg, and Nate yelled proudly.
"Country style greasers!!" Nate yelled.
I kissed Steve "That's who we are baby."

"Ok but what have you been through?" Steve questioned.
I sighed "Well, not as much as Greg goes on. My parents never really cared and are liars and steal from me and everyone else. My Grandma and Grandpa Wilson raised me and my brothers. My dads older sister, Trisha, was like our mom too. I never really had anyone in my family die till two years ago and one of my best friends ,Trenton, was killed by a soc. Then, my Great-Grandpa Benham died then two weeks later my Grandma Wilson died. So basically my mom died. My brother,Layne, was jumped and was in a coma for a month. DHS stepped in and took us away from our Mom and Dad ,but we never stayed with them anyway, and tried to put is in a home but we made a deal that Layne and Landon stayed with Papa Wilson and Greg is my legal guardian. I feel bad cause we have to carry a blade and most of the time a heater cause people try to kill us everyday because they're scared of me. I don't know I just let somethings get to me that shouldn't."
Steve, Darry, Pony, Soda, Dal, Johnny, and Two just stared at me.
"What?" I shrugged. They all came to me and hugged me.
"We're so sorry sis." They said.
"It's fine but thanks."

Steve motioned me outside.
"What?" I asked. I swear I saw tears in his eyes.
He hugged me "Oh baby I didn't know how bad you had it. I'm so sorry. I swear it will be different here. No body will touch you. I love you so much."
"It's ok Steve. I know it will. I love you too." I started thinking Am I really gonna stay here forever? Will this be my permanent home? Will it be different here? Well as long as Steve's here I'll be here I guess we'll see what happens.

So sorry it's short I'll update soon. Hope yall like it. Fav, comment, share please. Keep reading. A heater is a gun and a blade is a knife.