Greg's Dream

It's late i know and I'm super sorry!! But here it is. I hope you guys like it and thanks for being patient. I don't own The Outsiders or characters.

~~~~

Steve's POV

"I've have some bad news and some good news..." Doctor Bentley said.

"What is it?!?!" "Is she gonna be okay?!?!" Everyone asked these questions at the same time.

"Chill out." Doctor Bentley said. We all shut up. "Okay. Good or bad first Greg?"

"Um bad." Greg answered.

"The bad news is she has a very low percent chance of living and if she does she may lose her memory." We were all quiet when he said that. Lose her memory?!?! She wouldn't forget me?!?! Would she....

"And the good?" Greg squeaked out.

"She has a chance to live and she is alive....at the moment. She's basically deteriorating as we speak. We are trying everything we can. We will most likely have to put her on life support." Everything was quiet for a while. Doctor Bentley went to leave but Greg stopped him.

"Doc?" He mumbled.

"Yes?"

"What's the good news? I asked but you only told us bad."

"I'm sorry son but the only good news is that she's alive."

"Doc please. Don't let my baby sister die. My brother already betrayed me. I don't have very many people left I care about. If she dies I don't know what I'll do. Please....please" Greg begged. He put his elbows on his knees and put his head in his hands.

"I'll do everything I can." Doctor Bentley assured us and left. Greg ran his hands threw his hair. Then suddenly he snapped....

Greg's POV

"I'll do everything I can." Lies!! It's all lies!! He's probably already gave up on her!! But I won't!! If she's on life support I won't ever pull the plug!! I can't!! I'd die first!! How could that bitch do something like this to someone so sweet and innocent?! Okay maybe she's not that innocent but in my head she is. She'd be at college now if it wasn't for that bitch!! It's not all her fault though in a way.... Steve is the one that caused her to hate Shelby. If Shelby hadn't met Steve none of this would've ever happened!! She'd be starting her future!! She could've met some guy who was decent and had a future but she had to meet Steve!! Steve!! It's his fault!! I couldn't take it anymore....

"ITS ALL YOUR FAULT!!!! IF SHE HADN'T MET YOU THIS WOULDN'T BE HAPPENING!!!! WHY'D YOU EVEN FALL IN LOVE WITH HER!! YOU KNEW SHE WOULD LEAVE SOON SO WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!!!! DAMN YOU!!!! IT'D BE BETTER ON ALL OF US IF YOU'D JUST LEAVE!!!! But it's not just you she wanted to drop out for. It was your whole gang. SHE GREW ATTACHED TO ALL OF YOU!!!! I knew I shouldn't of let her come to Tulsa. Nothing good happens in Tulsa. I should've listened to my 'I'm about to kick somebody's ass' senses." Then I just cried. I've never cried. Take that back.... I cried the last time Shelby was dying. And when her grandma, my aunt Deb, died two years ago. Everyone cried then. She was like the mother of the gang. So I just cried. I cried because Shelby was laying here instead of me. I cried because Nate was no longer my brother. I cried because I regretted what I just said to the gang. It's not their fault. Steve couldn't help it because he fell in love. Mainly I cried because I was angry. Angry at the world. We've done a lot, and I mean a lot, of bad things but did we ever do anything bad enough to deserve this kind of pain. Damn it why can't I stop crying?! My gang didn't know what to do. They've never seen me cry like this. I felt someone's hand on my back. I figured it was Blake.

"I'm sorry Greg. You're right. It's all my fault." Steve sobbed.

"No. No it's not your fault. I'm sorry. I didn't mean what I said. I wasn't thinking straight." I shook my head. Suddenly something unexpected happened. Steve hugged me and I hugged him back. We didn't say anything. We just cried. We cried because the thought of not ever seeing Shelby smile again was the worst thought ever. Or hearing her laugh. Or listening to her advice. Or hugging her again. Or seeing the way her eyes are always dancing. Or watching Mickey with her. Or dancing in the kitchen with her first thing in morning because you had a bad night and she was trying to cheer you up. Or just simply hearing her breath. It's the simple things you miss about someone. The things you wouldn't think you'd miss. I don't think we ever really stopped crying that night. I don't remember but I do remember the dream I had.