Shelby's Dream pt.1

Sorry it's been awhile but here it is!! Hope you guys like it and thanks for reading. I don't own The Outsiders or characters.

~~~~

Shelby's POV

Didn't I tell them not to cry?! Cause now I want to cry but I can't because then they'll see me!! I heard Steve and Greg and Doctor Bentley. Why would they put me on life support? I'm just fine. It does get hard to breath and I can't move but I'm awake....kinda. I'm so tired but I'm scared if I fall asleep I won't wake up. It's getting hard to stay awake though. I feel like pieces of me are leaving me. Like they're going somewhere else ya know. I can get through this though. I just have to be strong. I have to fight. Then when I wake up I'll tell everybody I told ya so and walk right up to Doc and prove him wrong. I'll stay home for awhile then go to college....if they'll still let me in that is. I'm sure they will. They would for sure if I was a soc but I'm not. I'm the exact opposite. Suddenly everything went black and I saw the light. Well shit here it comes. I'm gonna die and not be able to prove anybody wrong.

"Shelby." I heard someone say. I knew the voice instantly.

"Mammaw!!" I turned around and jumped in her arms.

"I missed you to." She chuckled.

"Am I dead? I don't wanna die." I asked.

"No I just added that in the dream to scare you." She laughed. Not funny. At all.

"It wasn't funny." I pouted.

"It was but let's get serious. The reason I gave you this dream is to tell you you're gonna die."

"Why didn't you just tell me that when I'm dead?"

"Because you can still live, you just have to be strong. Just fight. You're a fighter. It's in your blood Benwilpott. Prove everybody wrong, I know you want to."

"You're right. I do want to and I am a fighter. I have to live for the gang. I wanna live a long happy life. And I'm going to."

"That's my girl. I love you."

"I love you to." I hugged her again.

"I gotta go but I'm gonna give you a vision."

"Ok but do you have to go?"

"I'm afraid I do baby girl."

"I don't want you to though." I whined.

"I don't want to either but I have to. Take care of them for me and yourself. I know they can't take care of themselves. Honestly they'd lose there heads if it wasn't attached, including Greg." I laughed at her.

"I will. Just please help me through it."

"I will. I hear you when you talk to me. Me and the Curtis's parents are looking after you guys. I'm in your heart so listen to your heart because I'm always right. Bye baby girl I love you. I'll see one day."

"Bye Mammaw. I love and miss you to!!" I hugged her one last time then she faded away. Like she wasn't ever there.

Everything went black. I was in a movie theater all by myself. The screen came on. The title came on and it said 'What could happen'. Then another screen came on and it said 'If you die'. It started playing. The first thing I saw was the gang crying with my family. My brothers don't know what to do. Aspyn is scared she'll never see me again. Me grandpa is wondering how he'll go along without me. Trecia and Shandon wondering if they'll ever get through this. Steve is shaking from crying so hard, his eyes are blood shot, and his lips are quivering. Greg just stands there. He's trying to stay strong. But he can't take it. He just can't. His baby sister is dead. She's never coming back. He falls over. He's happy because maybe he'll see her now. Blake is screaming..Greg and Shelby are both gone. How will he go on?! He can't. He decides then and there he just can't. It's not possible. He walks over to Greg and everyone is crowding around shaking him to wake up..but it's no use..he's dead. He's not coming back. Blake bends down next to him, smiling. Greg's eyes are blank but he's smiling, a real smile. Blake knows he's happy now. Blake smiles at him and whispers to him "I'll see you soon brother." Blake walks out and nobody notices. He walks to the barn and grabs the extra gun. The gun is already loaded. He walks to the holler where nobody will hear. He looks at the gun and smiles.