Birthday Party

Hey everyone!!! I hope you liked the last chapter and you likes this one. Thanks everyone for reading and please keep reading. 1.4k reads!!!! Thank you all so much. I don't own The Outsiders or characters.

Shelby's POV
Today's my 17 birthday!!!! The gang is throwing me a party at the Curtis house. Greg got to come home and he insisted that I still go to work today. Everything finally felt normal again. When we closed up I drove us the the Curtis house. Soda got out of the backseat but Steve stayed in.
"What's wrong?" I asked. He smiled.
"I'm drivin."
"Where?"
"It's a surprise. Now get out and switch me sides."
"Ok." We both got out and he grabbed my waist when we met in front of the car.
"I love you baby." He said kissing me.
"I love you to."
"Let's go."
"Ok." He kissed me again.
"Steve."
"Yeah."
"We can't go till you let me go." I laughed.
"Oh right." He smiled. We got in the car.......finally.

"Where are you takin me?"
"It's a surprise."
"Ok."
"But I promise you'll love it."
"If you're there I know I will." We intertwined our hands.
"Our hands fit together perfectly. Hm you're my missing puzzle piece." He smirked.
"You're so sweet when you want to be Stevie." I said pinching his cheek.
"Just for you."
"I love you."
"I love you more."
"Whatev..." He cut me off with a quick kiss.
"Don't argue with me, I always win."
"We'll see about that."

Flash back
Steve's POV
(The night Greg woke up)
I know the perfect gift for Shelby.......I just need to ask Greg. The gang went to the snack bar so I took the opportunity to talk to him.
"Hey Greg can I ask you somethin?"
"Yeah I guess."
"Well...uh...for....uh....Shelby's birthday I was wonderin if I could....uh.....get your permission to...uh...give her a....uh.....promise ring?" I was actually nervous if you couldn't tell.
"Boy Randle it took you awhile to spit that out." He laughed. "I will give you my permission if you can promise me somethin."
"Uh yeah anything."
"Promise me that you'll protect her. This accident has told me that I won't always be here for her but when I'm not I need someone else to be, you're the perfect man for the job."
"I promise Greg I will do anything to keep her safe."
"If you ever and I mean ever, even if I'm dead, if you hurt her in anyway or even think about hurtin her I will come for you and I will kill you. Do you understand Randle?"
"Yes I understand. I won't hurt her Greg."
"Good we understand each other. Can you hand me my bag?"
"Yeah sure. Which one?"
"The green one." I picked up the bag and it sure was heavy. What is in this thing?
"Thank ya. Now lock the door."
"Ok." I locked the door and got a little scare. What is he gonna do to me?!?!? He unzip the bag.
"Come here Randle." He smirked. I walked over to his bed. He pulled out a shot gun!!!!!!
"Now don't get scared I'm not gonna shoot ya....yet." I looked in the bag and there was a rifle and a few hand guns and a ton of ammo.
"This is just what I could fit in the bag. I have a lot more. Why don't you help me clean 'em?"
"Sure. Why not."
"This is good practice for ya. You might have to do this for your own daughter one day."
"Maybe." I smiled.

By the time we finished someone was banging on the door.
"Greg! If you hurt him I'll kill you!" Shelby yelled from the other side. "Greg! Unlock the door!"
"Man she sure does love ya." He laughed. "Put the guns up and don't tell Shelby bout this will ya. This will be our little secret ok."
"I won't tell her." I got up and unlocked the door. Shelby's face automatically went from pissed to happy when she saw me.
"Hey baby. He didn't hurt ya or threaten ya did he?" She said looking passed me giving Greg a cold stare.
"Oh no. We were just talkin."
"Oh..okay."
"I gotta get some stuff from the house. Soda, Leah, Skylar, yall wanna come with me?"
"Sure." They said. I thought I might want Sky and Leah to tell me what Shelby would like and Soda just to be there cause he's my best friend.
"You have the keys right?" Shelby asked.
"Yeah. In my pocket."
"Okay. See ya."
"Bye." I kissed her cheek.
"Now how come I can't come?" Two joked.
"Yeah how come?" Dal asked.
"If you two want to come you can." I shrugged. They better keep their mouths shut and not tell Shelby about this.
"Ok." They said. We all piled in the car and left. I drove and Soda set up front with me. Leah, Two-Bit, and Dal set in the back and Sky set on Dal's lap.