Love and War

Shelby's POV

*November*

"You look beautiful." My Aunt Trecia said with teary eyes. I'm in my dressing room putting on my wedding dress. All the girls are with me.
"Thanks." I hug her.

Leah is my Maid of Honor. Then it's Sydni, Skylar, Timber, Lauren, Chandra, and Ashley. Aspyn is my flower girl.

Steve's Best Man is Soda, of course. Then it's Blake, Dally, Two-bit, Darry, Johnny, and Ponyboy.

"Ready?" Greg knocks on my door.
"Yeah." I smile.

We walk to the end of the aisle and wait.
"I can't believe this is happening." Greg sighed.
"I know. It doesn't seem real."
"My baby girls grown up."
"I'm still your baby girl."
"I know. You always will be. And I'm so proud of you."
"Thanks. I see your future Mrs'." I look at Haley on the front row.
"Maybe." Greg smiled.
"Maybe?"
"If she'll let me hang around that long."
"I'm sure she will."

The music starts playing and everyone stands up. It feels like my feet are glued to the floor but I force them to move. I see Steve and smile.

"Who gives this woman away?" The preacher asked.
"I do." Greg said. I tried to move but Greg wasn't moving. He grabbed Steve's shoulder and pulled him to him.
"Remember, whatever you do to her, I do to you. Think about that." He whispered to him. Steve nodded.

Greg hugged me and walked to the front row by Haley.

Steve grabbed my hand and smiled. The preacher started talking and we said our vows.

"I do." Steve said. It was my turn. My stomach knotted up. I look out of the corner of my eye and I see Caden. Am I ready for this? What if I made a mistake? No. I love Steve.
"I do." He smiled at me and I smiled back.

"You may now kiss the bride." Steve raised my veil and kissed me passionately. He tipped us over. Everyone cheered and whistled.

Memories flooded my mind. Us meeting for the first time. It truly was love at first sight. Our first kiss. Our first date. All the times I almost died. I've cause him so much pain but yet he's stayed with me.

"I proudly present to you Mr. And Mrs. Steve Randle."

We walked down the aisle. Someone caught my eye. A girl. She had dark hair and brown eyes. Evie.
"Steve?" I whispered.
"Yeah babe?"
"She's here."
"Who?"
"Evie."
"Ignore her."
"It's hard when she wants to kill me." I sighed.

At the reception the gang gave a speech.

"Steve I hope you're happy. You deserve it. Thanks for being my pal. And thanks for the free drinks by the way. And Shelby, I don't know how you put up with him. I hope you're both always happy." Two-bit said.

"Steve, what can I say. We've been best friends since first grade and I hope we're always best friends. Shelby, we've only known you a few months but it looks like you're staying. And that's a good thing. We don't want you to go. Thanks for everything you guys have done. I love you both." Soda said.

"Listen up Steve. If sis comes crying to me say if that you mistreated her, you're dead. But I don't think that'll happen. But if it does, you better till me sis." Dally said. I chuckled.

"I wish you both the best of luck. If you guys need anything you know we're here. Things will be hard but I know you guys can get through it." Darry said.

"Shelby you're my sister and I love ya. Good luck with him. Steve, everyone knows we hate each other but in the long run, we're brothers. I'll be here if you need me. Love ya puppy." Pony said. (A/N refer back to chapter see ya later)