Please Baby, Wake up

So I think I surprised some of you guys. Sorry if you hate me!! I'll try to update a lot today and tomorrow because Sunday I'm leaving for church camp so I can't update for a whole week!! Sorry. I don't own The Outsiders or characters.

DONT FORGET THE QUESTION AT THE BOTTOM!!

~~~~

Steve's POV

"SHELBY!!!!!" I yelled running towards their truck that just caught on fire. My heart stopped. Everything was in slow motion. My mind thinking the worst. This can't be happening. Why am I being punished?! I know I've done wrong but nothing to deserve this! I got to the truck first. I opened her door and smoke hit me in the face.

"Randle I'm okay but I can't undo her seatbelt." Greg said coughing. Shelby was unconscious. I jerked on the seatbelt but it wouldn't budge! I pulled out my blade and cut it. I dragged her out. Greg crawled out to.

"Lauren go call 911!!" Darry commanded. Lauren sprinted to the house.

"I know CPR." Leah said pushing me out of the way." She started doing CPR. It wasn't working!! The ambulance pulled up.

"What happened?" One asked.

"I-I don't know. They were in the truck and it just blew up." I said on the verge of tears.

"Who else was in the truck?"

"Me." Greg said.

"We'll take you in to for a check up. Let's load her up." The EMS guy commanded. Greg got in the back of the ambulance and they loaded Shelby in and took off. We jumped in the Darry or Two-Bits car. Me, Soda, Leah, Nate, Hunter, and Blake rode in Shelby's car. I had the pedal to the floor the whole way.

I was in the waiting room. Pacing the floor. Greg came out.

"Greg! What's wrong?! Is she gonna be okay?!" I asked.

"I'm fine thank you. I don't know. They wouldn't tell me anything." His voice cracked at the end. I sighed.

"Well what the hell happened?!" Dally asked him.

"I don't know. All I know is I think Shelby knew this was gonna happen." Greg told us.

"What?! If she knew this was gonna happen then why did she get in the damn truck?!" I was in shock.

"I don't know that either but when we started driving Shelby told me I love you Greg, don't break down. Be strong for them. I'm sorry. After she said that it caught on fire but just on her side. It's so weird." Greg mumbled the last part.

"Shelby Wilson's family?" A nurse said.

"That'd be us." Greg said.

"All of you?" She asked.

"Yes I'm her cousin, this is her husband." He pointed at me. "These are her younger brothers." He pointed at Pony and Johnny. "He's her twin brother." He pointed at Soda, they could pass for twins honestly. "That's her older brothers." He pointed at Darry, Two-Bit, and Dally. "That's her cousins and that's her cousins husband." He pointed at Blake, Sydni, and Thomas. "That's her sisters." He pointed at Skylar and Leah. "And the rest are cousins to." He motioned to everyone else. Close enough.

"Oh okay." The nurse said.

"How is she?!" I asked.

"As her husband I know you're anxious but the doctor will have to tell you the details. I was just sent to tell you she's alive....right now."

"What do you mean right now?!?!" I raised my voice and stepped towards her. She simply walked down the hall.

"Hey!! Hey!! I'm asking you a question!! She's my wife I deserve to know!!!!" I stomped off after her but a doctor stopped me.

"Take it easy son. I'm here to tell you about Shelby."

"Thank God someone is. What's wrong with her?! Is she gonna be ok?!" I asked him.

"So far she is ok but she has some sever burns, internal bleeding and we can't get her to wake up. She is on life's support." He told us. Oh my God....this can't be happening. I'm suppose to be missing her right now not scared she's gonna die!!

"Can we go see her?" I asked.

"Yes. Follow me." We all followed him. He opened the door and motioned us in. I stepped in first followed by Greg and the rest of the gang. As soon as I saw her my jaw dropped. She looked horrible. Nothing like her old self. She had burns on her arms and face. She was covered in black ash. I ran to her side and held her hand with both of mine. I got on my knees and started to cry.

"Please baby, wake up. Wake up." I begged her.

"Shelby." Greg ran to her other side and grabbed her other hand. He started crying to. Everyone was crying. Some silently and some noisily. We comforted each other. This was hurting everyone. Shelby affected all of our lives personally. She was their sister and my lover. About that time the doctor walked in.

"I'm sorry but we just got some results back and from what we can tell Shelby has less than a 5% chance of living. You can wait awhile but I suggest you pull the plug soon." He told us. No!! I'm not pulling that plug! Even if she's on it forever.

"No! Go to hell! We ain't pullin the plug ever!" I yelled at him crying even harder.

"She didn't give up on me so I ain't givin up on her!!" Greg yelled. The doctor quietly walked out.

We all stayed their that night. We had a few cots but some had to make pallets on the floor. The nurses tried to make us leave but Dally and Two-Bit pulled out their blades and Dally said "Do you really wanna make us do that?" Dally stared at his blade, his and Shelby's friendship blade and a tear fell from his face. She is truly amazing if she can make the Dallas Winston cry. With that the nurse stepped out and brought us some stuff to sleep with. Me and Greg didn't lay down. We stayed on our knees holding her hand. I cried more in one night than I have my whole life. I prayed to God a million times.

"Please Lord let her live. Take me instead but please don't take the girl. She means everything to me. Without her I'll die. I promise if she lives I'll come to church every Sunday. I'll try I be a better person. I'll even make Dally come with me on Sundays. But please let her live. I beg you Lord. If you have to, take me. Take me. Amen."

That night I cried myself to sleep. Hoping Shelby would wake up. That night I dreamed of my future..without Shelby. All I saw was 20 tombstones. One for each of us. Shelby's said "A girl who meant the world to them." Ours said "A boy/girl who cared about her so much that when she die..they died of a broken heart."

~~~~

Sorry it's so short!! So should I kill her and end the story or let her live and keep going, if I keep going I'll honestly have to make a sequel. Thanks for reading and please keep reading! Fav/Comment/share please!! P.S no offense to anyone who doesn't believe in God but please keep your opinion to yourself.

What kind of car does Shelby have?