We'll make it work....We have to

I know you all hate me and I'm so sorry. When summer comes I'll update more often. Anyways I'm going to start posting the outfits and stuff from the book on my Outsiders page on Facebook. It's called The Outsiders Fan Club. Check it out please. Hope you like this chapter. I don't own The Outsiders or characters. P.S we need more admins on the page so message me on here or the page if you're interested.

Shelby's POV
I'm so proud of Steve for being the new owner of the DX. Nothing could ruin this moment. The whole gang is celebrating at the Curtis house. Everyone settled down and we watch movies. Me and Steve are on the floor by each other. My head is against his shoulder.
"Are you tired?" Steve asked.
"A little."
"Then go to sleep. You have some hard work to do tomorrow. I hear that new boss is tough."
"I'm sure I can fix him. And if it's ok with him I'd like to fix up the place a bit. It looks like a bunch of pigs work there."
"As long as it's not girly I'm sure he won't mind."
"If he won't let me I'll just have Greg kick his butt."
"There's no need for that. The boss will probably let you run the place if that's the case."
"I thought so."
"I love you so much." He cooed suddenly looking sad.

Steve's POV
"I love you so much." I said looking in her eyes not to look sad.
"I love you to." She studied me. "Baby what's wrong?" Shit I can't hide anything from her.
"Nothin Benwilpott." I tried to smile.
"Don't even try to lie to me."
I sighed. "Fine. I was suppose to go to OKC with you but since I have to run the DX I'm still not sure how to do that and go with you." She was quiet for along time.
"I'll sell the.." I tried to say.
"No!! You can't Stevie. OKC is only 3-4 hours away. It's a short long distance relationship. We'll make it work. We have to make it work." She kinda sniffled.
"Shelby, honey, what's wrong? RANDLE WHAT DID YOU DO TO HERE!! SHE NEVER CRIES!!!" Greg's voiced boomed.
"He didn't do nothin Greg. I'm just a little upset is all." She sniffled.
"What's wrong?" Greg asked.
"I told ya I'm upset."
"Seriously baby. What's upsetting you?" Greg asked concerned.
"Well you know how Steve was suppose to come with me to OKC?"
"No.."
"I must of left that part out."
"Anyway.." Greg said.
"Oh right..since he owns he DX he can't come..." She whispered the last part sadly.
"I'm sorry honey but you guys can make it work. I'll go with you if it makes you feel better.... I planned to anyway."
"Oh you just thought you'd tag along with me without tellin me?!" She said..all sadness was gone.
"I thought you'd figured it out when you saw me the car with you the day you left and do you really think I'd not go?"
"True but still."
"You didn't tell me Randle was goin."
"You didn't need to know and do you think I'd leave him behind?"
"Back to the subject....is Randle stayin behind?" After Greg said that everyone was silent.
"I guess he has to..or...I could drop out." She whispered.
"Shelby Lynn Wilson there's no way in hell I'm lettin you drop out." I said.
"I agree." Greg said.
"Fine I wont drop out. I'll just call every night and visit all the time. All still miss you all though."
"We'll miss you to." Everyone said. I kissed her forehead.
"Let's all get some sleep." Darry stated.
"Yeah that sounds good." Shelby yawned.

I laid back with her in my arms. I'm already missing her just thinking about it. She was playing with her promise ring. She only took it off when she worked on a car or took a shower.
"I promise we'll make it work." I said grabbing her hand with the ring and kissed the ring.
"I know we will." She said
"We have to." I whispered in her ear.
"I love you."
"I love you more." I teased.
"I love you most."

We fell asleep with one of my arms around her and my other hand holding her hand, touching her ring. I know we will make this work, we have to.

Hope you like it!! Will it work or all fall apart?? Keep reading to find out. You never know what will happen. It might not have a happy ending....but it might. Lol