Voodoo In My Blood

"Freya actually tracked down the last piece of the hallow puzzle. It was in none other then Mystic Falls. Of course the Lockwood family had it. I was also surprised to find out that Tyler was dead. It broke my heart, but I have to keep going. Hope comes first. I have to protect my baby sister. Even if my life is on the line" I wrote in my journal. I looked up and outside the windows, as I sat in my comfortable chair in my room. "I've been hearing the ancestors in my dreams. Of course with the connection spell I put on Hope when she was a baby I can hear what the witches say as well. Alaric is supposed to be bringing the new bone, and I want to go meet him, but I have to stay here. Like I said Hope comes first."

I heard footsteps and I smiled, as I just said "Morning Hope." I closed my journal, as I turned to see Hope. She had a blank face with blue eyes. "Be careful Salem. You can't protect little Hope from everything" Hope called out in a monotone voice.

I blinked and she was gone. "HOPE" I yelled and I herd her light feet, as she climbed the stairs. "Are you okay Salem?" She asked and I just walked over and knealed down. "What have you heard from the witches?" I asked and she gave me a weird look, before asking "Are you okay Sale? You're scaring me. Do I have to call Calder?" she asked me but I just sighed. "Please. Hope just tell me please" I begged and she nodded a look of concern still flooded her face. "They said that we're connected. Mom and I." I nodded, as the words left her mouth. "Is that it?" I asked and she nodded slightly. "Alright good." I said and kissed her head. "I'm sorry I freaked out so much darling. I just.. Dozed off and had a bad daydream."

Hope shrugged but smiled. "Can we go look around New Orleans? I want to go see that record store you told me about" She asked and I smiled slightly. "Sorry love. We can't." I said and she frowned again, "But hey. After this whole Hallow business is over we can go wonder wherever you want to go. Promise" I told her and she smiled again before hugging me tightly. Wrapping her arms around my neck. I stood up wrapping my arms around her, and she squealed laughing.

"Oh. No. Falling. Over" I said and we fell on the bed. Hope's laughter echoed through out the room, and I smiled. "I thought I heard you two in here" Calder's voice called out and I smiled, as Hope let go of me. Calder came over and plopped down next to Hope making her roll towards him. Hope leaned up and turned leaning on me. "Hey love" I said and they both looked at me. "I think we shoulder get some delicious food from Rousseau's tomorrow" I said and Calder smiled. "Oh yeah. I think so to." I smiled as Hope turned back to me, but then turned back to Calder as he called out, "Hmm. I guess I can make that happen." Hope was so confused, and I just said "Just get what I get for her" Calder nodded and leaned over kissing my lips, before kissing Hope's head. "I'll be back munchkin. and then we can play that game" He said and she nodded.

Calder left the room and I turned to Hope before pulling her down next to me. She giggled as I wrapped my arms around her. "Salem?" She asked and I hmmed. "What if the Hallow can't be stopped?" she asked and I ran my fingers through her hair, before tucking some behind her ear. "Your daddy and I never met an enemy we couldn't stop. The Hallow will be stopped" I told her, and she nodded. Hope opened her mouth to speak, but I just said "I promise." Hope nodded and turned back around to lay her head on my arm.

/\\//\/\/\\//\/\

After laying there for awhile Hope fell asleep, so I left her there. I stood in the window and looked out. Suddenly a bunch of whispers came my way, and I closed my eyes. Suddenly Hope gasped, as she woke up. I opened my eyes, as she took off her bracelet. "I know where to go" she told me and ran out. "Hope! Wait for me" I called out after her, before pulling my shoes on, and running out after her.

We ran in the church and I stopped as I saw Davina standing there. "Vina" I whispered, and Hope just yelled out "No!" Everyone turned to us, as Hope continued "You promised to help, but you're not helping. You're hurting us, and I won't let you." I placed my hands on her shoulders and she held her fist out. A giant gust like wind pushed the circle of salt that enclosed Marcel and Niklaus away. Davina disappeared and Hope ran over falling into Klaus' arms. Hayley turned back at me, as I was still shocked. I just cleared my throat and crossed my arms.