What Lies Beneath

Luke sat across from me as Map are set out in front of us
" Permisso laca tha tar. Permisso laca tha tar."

Sadly dad
grows impatient and throws an ice cube at us. I growled " That's not helping daddy" I said but he rolled his eyes,  " Well, you've been failing now for an hour, Sale, Wonder-Twin, so at this point, I can't imagine it's hurting." I ran a hand through my hair sighing. " Damon, I know you're out a friend, but, uh, I'm not sure this guy's the best replacement." Uncle Stefan said
" I don't think this guy's the best anything if his locator spell skills are any indication. Yo! Where's your sister?" Growling under my breathe, "She's tired of being almost murdered. and I'm trying to help" I snapped it was a little silent until Luke said " Look. I can find any person anywhere on the planet, ok? There's just something weird with your friend Enzo. I can't get a read."

" Enzo? Didn't he, uh, go to Cape Horn?"
" He flipped his humanity switch. There should have been a body count all the way to the airport." Dad said
"Well, why are you looking for him?" Uncle Stefan asked, "Gee. I don't know, Stefan. Vampire with no humanity who wants me dead for killing his girl. Hmm." My father sassed. " Well, maybe he hired a witch to block whatever Luke and Sale are doing. Is that possible?" Uncle Stefan asked " A cloaking spell?" I asked and Luke shrugged " I guess."
" That would mean that he doesn't want to be found, so, uh, why don't you just drop it?" Tyler comes in the front door. saying" We have a problem. Markos turned Sloan into a vampire, had her drink doppelgänger blood, and after some chanting ritual thing, she turned human again."

" He cured her?" I asked
" He cured her to death. The blood took away her vampirism but left her in the state that she was in just before she turned."
" That state being dead. Got it." Uncle Stefan said
" So it kills vampires. What does the spell mean for the witches?" Luke asks
" No one cares." dad said and I glared at him " Wait. Keep going."
" The point is they feel if they can get rid of all magic they'll break some lame-ass witch curse."
" Markos said they can't settle anywhere without evoking earthquakes or hell-fire, but they break that curse, and they just move right on into Mystic Falls."

" And come after Elena Salem and I today, as in now."
"What?" I asked " Oh, well. Markos had a good week or two in the land of the living. Now where is he so can kill him?" Daddy asked
" No idea. They were moving camp when I got out." Tyler said and I sighed " Well, good news. Our friend Luke here is an alleged genius at locator spells." Dad said and I rolled my eyes. " Travelers are always moving. They're impossible to track. They'll find Stefan and Elena long before we can find them."

"Well, what about one of those locator spell blocker deals? Is that simple enough for you?"
" If all three doppelgängers are in the same place, yeah." Luke said 

" Perfect."

"You avoid the entire Czech language, figure out how to find Markos."
"How am I supposed to do that?" 
"Well, you have a Traveler inside of you. I mean, I have probably-misplaced faith that you'll figure it out."
" Meanwhile, you and I and our ex-girlfriend are gonna go on a little secret trip."
"Salem I need you to stay here and stay safe" he said and kissed my head leaving to go upstairs
" Sounds great." Uncle Stefan said and I nodded "Then their were three again" I said and Luke chuckled at me

Luke and I sat on the porch of the cabin everyone was at I rubbed my hands together "Alright lets try this again" I said and Luke nodded. I closed my eyes and chanted, " Permisso laca tha tar. Permisso laca tha tar." I opened my eyes and sighed "Im telling you I think he's dead you don't just drop off the face of the earth like that" I whispered Luke then got an idea and stood up. "Maybe your right" he said and paced a bit "It would explain everything"

"Okay back to what we had to do" I said and he took my hands in his as we sat in the silence and candles around us "There arguing" I said and lost concentration "Concentrate Salem" Luke said and I sighed and took a breathe "Sorry" We started the spell again and it got stronger again
but all of a sudden a hand was placed over my mouth and I yelled out only to have it muffled
"Salem!?" I herd but it was too late

My neck got snapped.

I groggily woke up tape was around my mouth and Luke was tied up unconscious across from me He gets the rope but I need duct tape SERIOUSLY. My father was knelled in front of me as he was trying to undo the rope keeping my hands together, " Smell that?" He asked and I froze and sniffed the air

Gas.

We turn to see an empty gasoline container, something pulls down the lamp and smashes it on the ground, igniting a rapidly spreading fire. "Grab him. Let's go." Daddy said as he gets the rope off my hands and rip the tape off. Something stabs Stefan with a long wooden pole. "Dick move, Enzo."

"Wait? Enzo?" I asked Enzo smashes a large hunk of wood into Damon's belly, pinning him to the shed wall. through gritted teeth dad says " If only this wasn't totally avoidable."

"Oh, really? Now you're doing "I told you so"?"
"This isn't gonna stop, Stefan. I killed his girl, you killed him. This is not gonna stop."
" You listening to me, Enzo?" Enzo shoves the wood harder into Damon, who groans. " Is that a yes or a no? Because I can bring you back. Bonnie came back, Markos came back. I'll find a way, but this has to stop. How do you think you're able to do all this stuff, huh? The other side's falling apart, Enzo, so you can either help me, or you can blink out of existence. It's your choice."
Enzo considers it. Stefan finally gets the pole out of his body. "Go on, Stefan. Get Luke out of here. He's the only one that can hide you and Elena." Stefan hesitates, watching the shed deteriorate. I hesitate to leave "Stefan! Go now!"
Stefan helps Luke up. " Come on. Salem"
"Salem Go!" Stefan helps Luke outside. and I flash out beside them  I run up on the porch setting the candles up I start the spell Luke taught me and chant silently in my head. I opened my eyes to my father kneeling in front of me "Come on Sale" he said and I smiled as I took his hand
He helped me up and I left with him.