Handle With Care

Tessa found me confused and crying against a tree and actually took me in giving me a place to stay lets just say I've been taking it not so lightly, various bottles of alcohol on a neighboring table, before I get woken up. "Good morning, sleepy-head. Sleep well?"

" Oh. Tessa. Hi." I said confused like, " You're confused. Is that the amnesia, or the tequila?" I cleared my throat. "Umm. I think both. I'm still trying to piece together last night." I said rubbing my temples. " We bonded over our misery. There were body shots. The misery lifted. Here. Berries." Tessa hands me something in a small bowl. "Thanks. What's got you in such a good mood?" I asked

"I happened to see a text message pop up on your phone after you crashed last night. Warning from your friends. Silas took the cure. He's a witch. He's mortal and now, I can kill him."
by my looks I was unsurprised. "Get up gorgeous, your doppelgänger dies today." She said cheerfully. "Silas is looking for the anchor. It's the object I used to bind the spell when I created the other side. Destroy it - the spell is broken. No more supernatural limbo and Silas can die and find peace.
I would rather his lying, cheating ass not have that."

" Great. Fine. I approve. Where is it?" I asked. Tessa curled her lips into a smile and told me. "So, Silas read your mind and figured out where the anchor is. Now what?"

" You know that old, ancient story I told you about the Travelers? Oh, wait. You don't. I fried your brain and took your memories. Sorry. Well, the Travelers... " Tessa became flustered. You know how Silas wants to destroy the other side, so he can be at peace with that slut, Amara, that he calls his one true love? The Travelers don't want that." Tessa sneered Amara " Why not?" 

" Not important. Scratch that. Very important. I'm just not going to answer it." Tessa puts some flowers on the coffee table and grabs the bottle of tequila to put it away. " Um, you know what? I... think I still need to be drunk to understand this story." I said and got up going to the cabinet pouring myself a shot.
" The travelers have been in possession of the anchor for 2,000 years. They constantly move it so it doesn't fall into the wrong hands and they're not going to let him get near it. At least not before I kill her."

" Yeah? Well, what if they fail?" I asked, " She won't destroy it. She won't be able to." Tessa told me.  " Why not?" I asked, "Let's just file that under the "not gonna answer" category."

"Well, the one good thing about having amnesia is that I don't remember how I got in the middle of all this." Tessa laughed and said "Rest easy, sweet pea. Don't you worry about the details. Silas is going to die today, and she will spend eternity on the Other Side as far away from Amara, and peace as possible." Tessa gets up and begins walking to the door. " I have it all covered. You don't scheme as long as long as I have without considering every possibility." As she tries to exit the cabin, she is blocked by an invisible force field that prevents her from leaving. As I got up from my position on the couch I asked "What's wrong?" 

" Silas put a spell on this cabin. " Tessa said as she shuts the door " We're stuck here until sundown." I raised an eyebrow and asked "How do you know that?" Tessa glared at the door as she said "Because I taught her the damn spell." my phone rings. It's Elena, Tessa sees the phone and answers it. as I just stood there drinking my tequila

Tessa: Salem's phone.
Elena: Who's this?
Tessa: Uncanny. Your doppelgänger voice is exactly like Amara's. So whiny.
Elena: Tessa. Where's Salem?
Tessa: She's here. Well, not "here here." May I leave her a message?
Elena: Yeah. Remind her that you're a crazy bitch.
Tessa: I would, but I think she would stay here longer you know she loves crazy

Tessa opens the door. and Elena stood there "Well, if it isn't Salem's what?" she asked and looked back at me. "Step Mother?"  I scoffed and rolled my eyes "Where is she?" Elena asked, "Come on in. Who am I to stand in the way of destiny" Tessa said. 

Tessa bears a smile on her face. Elena hesitates but walks in.
"Elena. You shouldn't have walked through that door." I said. "I'm really sorry. I wouldn't have let Damon do what he did to you." Elena told me and I sighed, "Sure you would've. You have this annoying tendency to do anything he tells you to do." Tessa chuckled, "I'm no shrink, but I think it's called co-dependance." Elena rolled her eyes "Look. I get that you're upset with us for pretty much everything, but do you really think that hiding out with Tessa is gonna solve anything?" I rolled my eyes again,  "Who said I was going to stay at home with you?" I snarled and turned away and poured myself another drink.

Soon we both stare at Tessa.
" I'm so bad with messages!" she then Laughs
" Oh, look! Elena called. She's wondering why you're here. I may have embellished for effect." Tessa said. "Okay. I just came by to make sure she that hadn't done some, like, fatal attraction spell on you. Now that I know you're good, I'm gonna go." Elena said. Elena tries to exit, but is blocked by the force-field. " Yeah. You really shouldn't have come inside. I tried to warn you." I said I turned and walked into another room as my phone rings. Niklaus pops onto my screen, clicking ignore I frowned sighing. I turned the corner a few hours later now realizing that the barrier is broken, I stabbed Tessa with an kitchen knife. and yelled " Elena, run!" I threw Tessa against the wall. Elena and I both speed-run out of the cabin, into the night. Tessa stares on angrily.

Elena and I walk in the door of the Salvatore house, " Well, uh, have a good night." I said " Yeah. It's weird. Even with no memory, you're still you." Elena said and I chuckled, " Well, Tessa was gonna kill you, and you don't seem like you deserve that, so I was just going on instinct, that's all." Elena smiled, " Exactly. That's what I'm saying. Your instincts were always to protect me, so, thank you for-- for just being you." I smiled," Well, have a good night."

I walked upstairs and climbed into my bed
Getting comfy I fell right asleep

--FLASHBACK--

" And now I can't fight it." I said tears in my eyes as I held a hand to my heart

--PRESENT--

" And that was just the start of your reign of terror. You hated yourself for a century, but then you found A hybrid"

--FLASHBACK--

"Niklaus Mikealson but call me Klaus" He said kissed my hand
I curtsied and said "Pleasure Niklaus I am Salem Salvatore"

--PRESENT--

Tessa smirked at me as she said " Didn't last very long, did it?"
" Stop it. Stop it, please." I said falling to my knees grasping my head in my hands
" But the ending's the best part because you actually felt real pain, physical pain, torture. Remember?"

--FLASHBACK--

Silas: Hello, my shadow self.
Tessa: (voice over flashback) You were trapped in a safe and tossed in a quarry. Water flooded in.
You tried to scream, you tried to escape, but all you could do was drown over and over and over again.

--PRESENT--

Tessa: The only thing keeping you sane was that one day one of the two people you loved would come rescue you,
but they didn't. I did. Always remember that.