No More Heartbreak

I giggled into my phone as I talked to Calder, "So how is Rome, is it as beautiful as we remember?" Calder sighed. "It is, I only wish you were here" I smiled and bit my lip before saying, "Alright I have to go I'll call you before I go to sleep" I told him and hung up. I rounded the corner and was suddenly grabbed. A hand was put over my mouth and my neck was snapped.

I woke up to see Lucien standing in front of the window talking to someone on the phone. He turned and saw me awake. "Ah, Salem! Finally awake. Perfect. You've got a big day ahead of you." I then felt pain in my arm. I looked down only to see a bite mark. "You bit me." I breathed out.

 "And sampled quite a bit of your blood, actually. It was very tasty. Although more bitter than I expected." Lucien said smirking at me but I just stared at the bite on my arm. "Oh, my God. I'm gonna die." I called out and he nodded, "Yeah. Apologies. But, to be honest, your days were numbered the moment you caught Nik's eye. 'Tis ever thus for those who get close to the b*st*rd. Myself excluded." I closed my eyes to take a deep breathe as a tea kettle whistled. "Ah. Care for tea?" He asked and left the room.

Looking next to me I saw my bag and quickly grabbed it looking through it. I smiled as I came across the dark object I borrowed from Cami. "Oh, please, Sale. Have you not learned? If you try to fight me, you will always lose." Lucien came out and stood in front of me. With a groan I threw the devils star at him and immediately a thousand cuts appeared on his skin as I used my vamp speed to get away.

I panted as I entered the compound. "Klaus?" I called out before I swallowed the spit in my mouth and called out "Niklaus!" Suddenly Klaus appeared before me calling out "What is it?" I took a deep breathe and said "Something happened and you're gonna be angry, but Lucien wants you to be angry. He's trying to lure you into a trap." I said really fast. "What did he do?" He asked tucking hair behind my ear. "Promise me you won't fly off the handle and do something crazy. Promise me."

 Niklaus looked down and gently grabbed my arm "Before you lose it...Klaus... look at me. I love you. And I won't let you get yourself killed." I told him and almost passed out. "Salem..." He grabbed me as I almost fell. "I just needed you to know." I said as I felt weak, "I can tell you I love you tomorrow. You're not dying today." Klaus said as he picked me up bridal style.

Everything seemed to blur out as I looked around. Finally things refocused as I looked at Hayley, "Hey. Are you all right?" She asked sitting across from me, "Yeah. Considering." I said and Klaus walked over. "Hold still. This is going to burn." He said and gently took my arm pressing the cloth to the bite. I gasped and said "Ow. Ow, what is that?" Freya walked over and said "It's a healing salve. Motherwort. White willow bark. The recipe's over 1,000 years old." I nodded, "So, the good stuff, huh?" Freya sighed, "Well, it will ease the pain, dull the symptoms, but... it won't stop the infection." I nodded, "So I'm screwed." Hayley placed a hand on my knee and said "We're gonna do everything that we can, Salem."

Walking into the room Elijah called out "To that end, a little assistance." Vincent followed him and said "Salem, I'm so sorry." Before I even had a chance to speak Niklaus' grip on my arm tightened before he said "You should be. This is your fault." He let go of my arm and flashed over to Vincent but Elijah stopped him as he called out "It was you who turned Lucien into a beast." I rolled my eyes and called out "Niklaus It's not his fault."

Hayley from beside me called out "Salem's right. We all need to work together to fix this." Niklaus turned towards me and said "Yeah. Yeah, I think I know how to fix it. Lucien has always been obsessed with me. He made himself like me. My bite is cured by my blood." I eyed Klaus as Hayley called out "Do you think his blood can save her?" Elijah then spoke up agreeing with us, "t makes sense. Lucien would want that power." Niklaus then called out "Allowing him to lord himself over his victims."