You Hung The Moon

It was almost midnight, as Freya and I   we're dancing at this club called 'Maison Bourbon' We danced and Marcel came over bringing shots. "Need a break from family drama?" he asked, and handed us one each. I just smiled as I drank it, "Thank you. You see, I've been trying to get my brothers to mend fences, but Elijah remains bitter, and Klaus remains obstinate, thus tequila!" Freya said, and we handed him the glasses back. "Thing is, it's almost midnight." I rolled my eyes, and stopped dancing groaning. "Well, I'm not wearing glass slippers. Do you have to turn the best club in town into your personal blood bank?" I turned and walked further in to the crowd.

I suddenly saw a familiar face, but did a double take and they were gone. "Salem!" I herd and jumped as I saw Marcel. "Want me to walk you home?" he asked concerned. "No. I'm fine" I told him, and he chuckled. Marcel nodded, "Alright, but call if you're in danger" he said and tugged at his ear. I nodded and he hugged me, "Be careful kid" he told me, as we let go. "No need to worry" I told him, and he rolled his eyes. "When you say that, I always end up worrying for some reason." I smiled and raised my hand in a mock wave, "Bye Marcel!" I called out in a sing-song voice, as I left the club.

Suddenly, as I went to walk down the street my phone buzzed. I grabbed it and smiled as it read 'Adam'

"Yes, Adam I'm fine the big bad wolf hasn't eaten me" I told him and he laughed. I felt the wind hit my hair and stopped walking as he showed up in front of me. I slid my phone in to my pocket, well tried as it buzzed again. I looked at it to see Elijah calling. "I uh, I have to take this" I told him and walked in to an ally ways and held the phone to my ear. "Hey Lijah, what's up" I asked and he spoke "I need you to come get Hope" i cleared my throat and said "Alright, I'll be there as soon as I can" and hung up the phone. "Coast is clear" I called out as I walked back to where I left Adam. Only to find his body on the ground, and his heart next to it. "No" I breathed out, but didn't have time to reflect when I was grabbed from behind.

I struggled and made the body drop down in pain, in an anurism. I quickly turned around and raised an eyebrow "Enzo?" I asked, but my neck was snapped from behind.

----

I groaned as I groggily woke up. My head bobbed as I woke up, and my hands were tied palm down to the chair. "Salem, I understand you said, something was off about my old friend, but when you see my name pop up on your phone, you answer it. Come home immediately. Mere hours after you lecture me about boundaries. Now get home." Klaus' voice echoed through the thick walls. I herd a loud groan, along with "Does he ever stop?" My father's voice called out as he walked in to the room with my phone in his hands. "D-daddy?" I asked, and tears sprung up in my eyes. He smirked and said "In the flesh." I cleared my throat, as I glared at him "Your switch is flipped" making him laugh. "That it is Sale, that it is" Enzo walked in the room and sat on a crate beside my chair.

"So tell me why" He asked coming over to me. "Why what?" I questioned. "Why, when everything went down you went running straight to Klaus" He spat at me and I rolled my eyes. "Please, there's no talking to you when your like this" I told him, "Besides I don't have to explain me reasoning to anyone" My father got that crazy look in his eyes, "What do you even want from me? If you've been alive this long why come after me now?" I snapped and he grinned crazily.

 I turned to Enzo who sighed and said "There's someone controlling us, and we have to obey her" I nodded, and asked "How does she know about me?" No one answered and I sighed "Let me guess He told her" I said and Enzo nodded making me sigh. "After all this time, you leaving, you came back, you left again make up your mind on weather you want to be in my life or not." I taunted and spat at my father who just tsked at me.

"Why don't we call Stefan, and make it a family affair" My father smirked at me and knelled down looking me in the eyes. 'You can run, We'll give you one minute to get to some place safe with out Klaus. You have to call Stefan" he told me and I nodded. "Sybil gave you enough power to be able to compel her?" Enzo asked as Damon untied me. "Run while you can" he snapped as he finished compelling me. A scared impression replaced itself on my face, as I flashed off. My phone was held to my cheek as I kept looking behind me. "Come on Stefan pick up" I snapped. I hurriedly walked down the street, as he finally picked up "Salem? Are you okay?"

I was breathing heavily and called out, "My father... and...Enzo here.." I called out. "Calm down Sale, what's happening" he said and I took a deep breathe. "My father is in New Orleans that's whats going on" I snapped, "I don't know how he did it, but he compelled me Uncle Stefan. I can't call Klaus, only you. I still have 30 seconds to get somewhere before they come after me" It was silent before he said "Listen Salem, Caroline and I will be there as fast as we can." he told me. "Stay safe" he told me quickly. "Just hurry up and get here" I snapped as I looked around hanging up the phone. 

Suddenly I was grabbed and pushed against the Ally wall. I was stabbed in my side and I hissed in pain. I looked up to see Enzo's face full of regret. "I'm sorry love" he told me, but I shook my head. "If you're...If you were sorry you'd make him leave" I growled, as I turned and saw him walking towards me. I turned back to Enzo and pushed past him.

I flashed around the corner behind Roussous. I leaned against the building huffing and puffing in pain. One downside to being a witch-vampire hybrid? You heel faster than a human because of the vampire blood, but slower than a vampire because of my magical side. "You can run, but you can't hide" I herd, and took a gasp of breathe, and I flashed down the street to the cemetery, and walked in the gates. I rushed over to a Lycee and hurried around some supplies, as I began to spread some salt my phone buzzed.

I just ignored it as, I held my hands out towards the line of salt in the doorway. I did a sealed boundary spell, and turned going against the wall, as I waited for my help to arrive. I grabbed my phone from my pocket to see a text from Stefan that just read 'On our way'. I sighed and fell back against the wall, as I took a deep breathe to calm myself down. "Bring it, Bitch" I mumbled, as I glared at the doorway, as I held my side. I herd everything, I herd their footsteps, my fathers demented laughter, everything.

"Salem?" My name was called out in a longing way. "Saaaalem" I herd and my breathe hitched as my father stood in the doorway. "Spelled the door? " he asked chuckling. My phone buzzed, and I grabbed it seeing Stefan calling me. I quickly answered it, and he asked "Where are you?" I cleared my throat, as I felt my side slowly heal itself. "Lafayette cemetery, Uncle Stefan you might wanna hurry" I grunted in to the phone, as I herd the wind. Suddenly I watched as my father threw something my way, but before I could stop it, it pierced my stomach. I stood there with a lost of breathe, as I fell to the floor.

My spell was cut off, and they stepped inside. Next thing I knew Stefan and Caroline was outside the Lycee. "Salem" Stefan breathed out, and turned to Damon. I just laid on the floor with blood pouring from my stomach. "Salem!?" Caroline called out and came over to me, and propped me up on her lap. my head started bobbing, as I dozed off. "No, Sale you have to stay awake" Caroline said nudging me making my eyes open again. Caroline fed me her blood to make me heal faster. I took one last glance at everyone before everything went black.

-----------------

I groaned as I stirred myself awake. "Hey. love" I herd and turned to see Niklaus. "What happened?" I groaned, and he cupped my face with his hand. "Don't worry love, everything was taken care of. Stefan took Damon back to Mystic Falls and I brought you home." he told me and I nodded. Suddenly I felt the tears in my eyes, as the slid down my face. Klaus picked my head up, "It hurts now, but I'll never leave your side like you haven't left mine" he told me and kissed my head. Klaus laid down next to me, as I gripped on to his shirt and started crying. He rubbed my back, until I cried myself to sleep.