I hear You Knocking With A Bag Of Cobras

Last night*

I laid down to sleep and eventually dozed off only to wake up to Hope shaking me terrified. "Hope? whats wrong darling?" I asked and saw the terror in her eyes as she said "The Hallow is here."

Now*

I paced back and forth in my room

I paced back and forth in my room. My thoughts just torturing me. A knock came at my door and I jumped looking over to see Hayley. "Are you okay Salem?" she asked and I nodded. "Yeah completely, Hey can I take Hope today? I wanna show her around the city, and I'll bring her to the bayou later" Hayley nodded, "Yeah that should be fine." She smiled and walked away. After Hayley and Elijah left I stood by the door, as I waited on Hope.

Finally coming towards me with a blue backpack on her back I smiled, "Ready sweetness?" I asked and she nodded smiling at me. Leaving our trashed home we walked around town. We stepped into a paint shop and got some new painting supplies, before stopping at a local flower shop. "What're we doing here Salem?" Hope asked, but I just simply said "you'll see love."

I bought three white roses, and took Hope to the Lafayette cemetery. "Do you feel the power. hear the whispers?" I asked and she nodded. Hope followed me as I took her to a certain cement stone. The face plate that read 'DAVINA CLAIRE' I kissed my fingers before placing them on her name. "This is why I bought the flowers" I told my baby sister. I placed my rose in the flower pot next to the face plate, before turning and lifting Hope so she can put hers in there too.

After spending time with Davina I took Hope to the Bayou where she spotted Mary and ran to her calling out "Grandma Mary!" When Hayley and I started walking around the Bayou as Hayley asked Hope what we did today. "Salem and I got new art supplies, and we got flowers for Davina, and just had a lot of fun" Hayley looked at me and I smiled. Getting back to Mary's Hope and I sat back in a chair, before drifting off.

Leaving Hope with Mary I went back to the Abattoir seeing people trying to decorate. I walked over to the stairs, as Niklaus was over looking everything at the balcony. I turned seeing as Hayley walked in too. "Niklaus, the plan was to start heading out, and now we're throwing a party? I see." Niklaus turned to me, "One that will be attended by New Orleans' most influential creatures." Hayley gives Niklaus a look, "You do realize that everyone hates you?" Niklaus turned to Hayley before saying "But they love Marcel. And as the invite states, he is the co-host. Tonight we celebrate our truce."

I was taken back, "So you're throwing a fake party, in honor of a fake truce, and your guest of honor is in a dungeon?" Klaus started to talk down the stairs, as he says "Marcel's attendance would only complicate matters, besides I'll have my hands full weeding out those in league with The Hollow." Hayley nodded, "Have fun with that. Hope's with Mary, I'm just looking for Freya" I smiled softly, as I turned back to Niklaus as he asked "What do you need of her?" Hayley just says "Just a favor." Niklaus turned to me and I sighed, "I'll go pick out a party dress" I stated and walked passed him up the stairs.

I got  and fluffed my hair in the mirror, as I then turned and pulled my heels on. Once again I stood in front of the mirror as I heard "Whoa." Turning on my heels I smiled widely, "Calder." We hugged longingly, before we shared a long kiss. Calder and I went downstairs to the party just in time to catch Elijah's speech. "My dear friends, tonight we celebrate an alliance between our family and Marcel Gerard. Unfortunately, as is his custom, Marcel is unfashionably late. So until such a time as he graces us with his presence, let us all raise a glass and salute the glorious city of New Orleans."

Elijah starts to raise his glass but Klaus cuts him off with a speech of his own. "But before we do, my brother and I wish to acknowledge a painful truth. Our relationship with this city, and indeed with most of you, has been long and complicated. We hope you will be put at ease knowing that we intend but a brief and peaceful stay. Let this evening be a rest bit from past grievances and an opportunity to form new friendships. Cheers." I grabbed two glasses off a waitress handing it to Calder, as we all raised our glasses and toast, before the music starts to play again.

"May I have this dance?" Calder asked and I smiled taking his hand. He lead me to the dance floor and placed his hands on my waist while I folded mine behind his neck. "Just think one of these days it'll be you and I everyone will be toasting to" Calder said and I giggled. "You have to ask me the question first darling" I told him and he smiled, before chuckling. We swayed to the smooth jazz music, before Calder whispered "Follow me." I nodded taking his hand and he pulled me to the stairs and towards my room.

I giggled as we slammed the door behind us, "What is it?" I asked and he smiled before kneeling before me. "Salem Darcy Salvatore-Mikealson, I've known you for a long time. We've dated on and off for centuries, and stayed by each others sides through thick and thin. I even went to terms with asking Niklaus and Elijah for your hand. I love you. I love you Salem Mikealson and I want us to spend the rest of our days together. Will you marry me?" He asked and I placed a hand over my mouth.

I nodded, before exclaiming "Yes!" Calder slid the ring on my finger, before engulfing me in a hug and swinging me around.