God's Gonna Trouble The Water

I sat across the room as Hope slept. I looked around my old room with a smile, before Hope shot up from the bed. "Mom?" She asked, and I just breathe out "Hope." I rush over to her and she just called out "Mom?" I just sit next to her as I say, "I'm here."

Hope just calls out "What happened? Where is she?" I gulped, "Breathe. You're safe now." I told her. The lights around Hope's bed go out, as she yells "Where is my mom?" She starts to breathe heavily, as she asks "What?"

I placed a hand on hers and said "She's gone." Hope shakes her head, "No, no." Then then started to cry and I pulled her to me. "No, no. No, no. No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no No." I shhed her as she continued to cry. "Let it out Hope. I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere" I told her rubbing her back.

As the morning drew out I turned to Hope and said "I'm going to go talk to Caroline alright? You pick something to wear so we can go" She nodded and I kissed her head, before I stood up and left the room. I made my way down to Alaric's office and knocked on the door. "Come in!" I heard and smiled walking in. "Alaric" I spoke and his head snapped to me. He got up laughing before he pulled me in to a tight hug.

After our hug I sat across from his desk with a sigh. "How's Hope?" he asked and I ran a hand through my hair. "She's.. Coping" I said, before groaning. "All of this reminds me of when my dad died. Except I was the bitch who didn't go" I told Alaric who sighed. "I found something you should have" he said and turned opening a drawer and pulling out a medium sized box. He handed it to me and I raised an eyebrow as I took it. I popped the lid and gasped as I saw what was inside.

I took out picture after picture. From my mother being with my father to her and the Mikaelsons. I then grabbed a velvet like bag and took out a necklace. I looked at the back to read the inscription 'Always and Forever'. I opened the locket but nothing was inside. "Whoa" I said and Alaric chuckled. "I said the same thing" I put the lid back on the box and smiled "Thank you" he nodded and I stood up walking away.

I made it half way back to Hope's room when Niklaus called out. "The plane will be there to pick you up in half an hour." He told me and I nodded to myself, "We'll be ready." I told him. "Did you find a witch to help with our geographical predicament? I cannot miss the second line." Klaus asked and I bit my lip. "Freya told me Vincent asked Ivy to do it." I told him. "Ivy hates me." He said and I chuckled, "Well, all the witches hate you, but they liked Hayley, and they know that Hope needs you today." I told him and he just says "Well, astral projection is tricky magic. This had better work."

"It'll work. You'll be there in the only way that you can." I told him. "I should never have agreed to this. I should be there beside her, holding her hand." I sighed, "I know, But the consequences of you two being together have been escalating. We can't bring that kind of danger into the city." Niklaus cut me off, "This is her mother's funeral. I should let the city burn. I'm sick and tired" He stopped his rant and I scrunched my face up.

"What's wrong?" I asked, and he took a second before saying "If this houseplant gasping for life is any indication, there's another Mikaelson in New Orleans." I looked around before saying "That can't be right. Kol and Rebekah know to stay away and Hope is with me." I then turned setting my eyes on a wilted flower, as he said "Elijah."

After we hung up I walked over to Hope's door and knocked on it. "Hope?" I called out. She opened the door and then pulled me in to a hug. Pulling back we went further in to the room and closed the door. "It hurts" Hope said and I hugged me to me again. "I know honey. I know" I told her and she cried on my shoulder. When she stopped crying I helped her pack the rest of her stuff before we went to get on the plane.

-----

Hope, Freya, and I stood in the center of the French Quarter, as the walk was about to start

Hope, Freya, and I stood in the center of the French Quarter, as the walk was about to start. "Where's Dad?" Hope asked turning to me. "He'll be here soon. Love. He's just waiting on Ivy to help him with the astral projection." I told her. "Everyone else?" she asked, "Marcel should be here. Vincent." I told her, and Freya just says "There's Josh." Hope's head then shot to me.

When the walk started Freya turned to me. "I got this" I told her and she nodded. Freya fell back a little, as I took Hope's hand in to mine. She turned to me and I smiled softly. "It's me and you" I told her and she smiled slightly, "Always and Forever" she told me and we both turned back to the front.

"This is all wrong. She didn't even know all these people." Hope told me and I nodded, "Well, your mom made a mark on this city. Everyone's here to honor her." I told her. "But where are all of her friends?" she asked My phone buzzed and I grabbed it. "Go on." I told Hope and she nodded.

"Marcel, where are you?" I asked holding the phone to my ear. "I'm with Vincent. There's something we got to take care of. Cover for us." I sighed harshly, " Cover for you? What the hell are you doing?" I asked but he hung up.

I jogged to catch up with Hope. I reached her, as a car came and Josh pulled me out of the way. "Hope!" I yelled out, as she looked around frantic. Josh went to look at the van while I ran up to Hope. "Hope. We've got to get out of here." I told her, "No." she snapped, "Hope." I warned, "I said no. This already sucks enough. Look, I'm not gonna let them ruin it more."

She waved her hand and teleported me back to the side walk. She raised her hands calling out "Bruciare supe terram, faciendo" I just try to yell "Hope!" but she finished her incantation "ignis ga praemium." the van was in flames, as she went towards the other van. "Bruciare supe" I then yelled out "Josh!" Josh looked at me then Hope. "faciendo ignis ga" He vamp sped over and took her away.

We get back to the compound and I sat in the study as Klaus was magically next to me. "She's in her room" I said and he nodded walking away.

I heard a crash and I jumped up. "HOPE!" I yelled running to Hayley's room where glass laid on the floor, and Hope kneeled in front of it sobing. "Hey." I whispered stopping over the glass and pulled her to me. "Let it out baby" I whispered and she sobbed in to my shoulder. We rocked back and forth as I held her tightly.

"Don't leave me Salem" she cried pulling back. "I won't Hope. I'll never leave you" I told her tucking hair behind her ear. I wiped her tears away and said "I love you. Always and Forever" Hope smiled as tears fell. "A-Always and Forever" she echoed as she hugged me again.

-------

Hope and I stood together in the bayou as we watched Freya spred ashes over Hayley's casket. "Go have a moment love" I told her and she nodded leaving me stand by myself as she walked over to Freya. Marcel came over and hugged me before taking me over to Josh and Vincent. I smiled at Hope as she turned to us.

When the ceremony started Freya stood with Hope as I called out "People will forget the things you said, forget the things you did, but no one ever forgets the way you made them feel. Hayley Marshall made me feel like I was part of a family. And when the realities of this life became too much to bear, we shouldered them together. She trusted me with Guardianship of her daughter, because I showed her what we do in this family she birthed Hope in to. We laughed, we cried. When I failed, she lifted me up. And when I succeeded, she danced by my side. And she did that for all of us. No one will ever be able to replace her  or heal the pain we feel at her loss. But we can honor her with our actions and with our words We can love each other the way she would've wanted us to love."

I took a step back as one of the wolves dropped the torch on to her grave, and pushed it into the water. I turned smiling at Niklaus as he walked over to Hope. I let them have a moment as Lucina called out "Let's pack it in, everyone. Take shelter." Freya walked over to me and I smiled as she hugged me. "Thank you for calling her," she told me and I nodded as she pulled back and turned to Keelin, as she came up to Freya.

"Hey trouble" I heard and turned smiling at Dakota. "Hey you," I told him and he chuckled as he hugged me. He pulled back and a girl came over taking his hand. "I'm sorry for your loss Sale," he told me and I nodded as he left. He broke the news to me while I was in Mystic Falls that he fell in love with another girl.

When Klaus vamp sped away I turned to Hope who has Hayley's crescent necklace on, and her Mikaelson crest. She just hugged me tightly, and I hugged her back.